• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: Iowa State at TCU

Mean Purple

Actually our defense looked on point early. Then got ran out of the building in the final 3 quarters.

Certainly agree on the Duggan point. Downing was ok but the offense is just much more fluid wth Max. At least when we're able to successfully get the snap from center.
I think the o-line was the same with both, just Max has last year's experience and knows that he has about 2 seconds to throw or get the hell out of dodge.

Horny4TCU

But all that said, here's the thing, when Max came in, it was a different world. Yes, he threw an INT, but we were down and the pressing is just gonna happen in a die hard effort to win. At the same time, we never had the lead the game ... at home ... against a team who got pushed around by ULL.

Everybody has a correct view on this when you think about it.
I don't blame the INT on Max. That was 100% Barber's fault and luck. He kicked the ball with his knee after it was in his hands. The guy that caught it was 8 yards away, and it almost touched the ground.

Mean Purple

Had a chance to win 6!games last year too.

meaningless...this should have been a 20 point win so mistakes don’t matter. Win by one philosophy means lose by 7 or less these days.
I am in this boat of thinking as well. Losing close games does not cut it. Who has the most points at the final whistle matters. We never had the lead in this game. There was never a sense that we were winning. There some faint hope, behind the reality that a turnover was likely because a qb had to gamble.

but the way the rcvrs were making good catches and running backs we have, we should have won. that o-line and some defensive issues hurt.

netty2424

I don't blame the INT on Max. That was 100% Barber's fault and luck. He kicked the ball with his knee after it was in his hands. The guy that caught it was 8 yards away, and it almost touched the ground.
Yah that might as well have been considered a fumble. Hit him in the hands, uncontested, dropped, kicked, and picked. Couldn’t have been a better throw.

Have to give Rose credit, you couldn’t have slid a nickel between the ball and the turf. Just a big time effort on his part.

Mean Purple

I think luck is the main factor there. Barber was playing hard. That one hail mary in the first half was harder to catch for those guys than it looked. but that rcvr group played harder today than we have seen in a while.

CountryFrog

Surely to God there's not a single human alive who actually watched that play and would blame the INT on Max. It has to be the one thing that all Americans can unite and agree on.

Strat Frog

It’s a misfire of a game. We shoulda had a non-conference opener to flush the pipes and shake off the rust, but we didn’t. ISU struggled in their first game, too, yet showed today that they learned from their prior mistakes. We’ll learn from this and get better. We have talent. Don’t panic.

SMOKEY IV

They are going to kick the living crap out of this team.

We aren't motivated, have no spark, and gave up 37 to a gang that couldn't get out of their own way v. a Sun Belt team AT HOME. Oh, and we have the same brilliant Offensive minds drawing up next week's game plan!

Is Bo Pelini available? I'm thinking a new position: Motivational Coach. He can just roll through the offices screaming his lungs out at everybody...

I agree, and wonder why there always seems to be a lack of motivation? Players beat down? Exhausted from extensive pre-game conditioning instead of a warm up / walk thru? Knowing no matter what they do a negative will be blasted at them? Or do we just recruit guys that are not motivated?

HG73

I'm actually optimistic. Offense was really good when Max was in. If we could have played smu this game would have gone much smoother. Eliminate the bad snaps and the unfortunate interception and offense was just fine.

Defense will get those long runs stopped. Iowa State is a good team and look at the improvement they made with a game under their belt.

Beat texas.

ticketfrog123

I'm actually optimistic. Offense was really good when Max was in. If we could have played smu this game would have gone much smoother. Eliminate the bad snaps and the unfortunate interception and offense was just fine.

Defense will get those long runs stopped. Iowa State is a good team and look at the improvement they made with a game under their belt.

Beat texas.

SMU would’ve beaten us had they played us yesterday.

scoreboard is affecting people’s judgment here.

guess we’ll find out next week with a full game of max If anything has changed