• The KillerFrogs

Fire Jeremiah Donati

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
No doubt most here don’t know what an AD job really is. Yes, CDC rode the wave of his coaches’ success and leveraged that into his next job. I remember how fed up with him people were before he left though—so lol at this thread.

Donati raised a lot of money, very quickly, for the AGCS East Side project. It was very ugly-but our best baseball coach in history and best possible get for men’s basketball coach in a generation are still here. The big donors like him, and he’s pretty well respected in the Big 12 AD room. Our athletics department had avoided significant scandal - which these days is a huge accomplishment.

Could on-field results be better? Yes. But have they been awful? No.

For the next 4-5 years, the most important thing for our AD is to do the behind the scenes work of keeping us in a power conference. When I tell you NO ONE knows how 2024-25 talks are going to go, that’s an understatement. Relationships and value are about as specific as you can be on that.

IMO Donati has been fine. He’s raised money, kept big donors happy, and led a scandal free department. He’s built relationships in the conference. IMO we’ve got him now and probably are best off letting him captain the ship through 2025 rather than starting over with a green leader before the media and grant of rights contracts come up.

This thread reads like a handful of frequent flyer whiners airing their endless grievances on a groundhog festivus day.

AMEN!

ftwfrog

No doubt most here don’t know what an AD job really is. Yes, CDC rode the wave of his coaches’ success and leveraged that into his next job. I remember how fed up with him people were before he left though—so lol at this thread.

Donati raised a lot of money, very quickly, for the AGCS East Side project. It was very ugly-but our best baseball coach in history and best possible get for men’s basketball coach in a generation are still here. The big donors like him, and he’s pretty well respected in the Big 12 AD room. Our athletics department had avoided significant scandal - which these days is a huge accomplishment.

For the next 4-5 years, the most important thing for our AD is to do the behind the scenes work of keeping us in a power conference. When I tell you NO ONE knows how 2024-25 talks are going to go, that’s an understatement. Relationships and value are about as specific as you can be on that.

IMO Donati has been fine. He’s raised money, kept big donors happy, and led a scandal free department. He’s built relationships in the conference. IMO we’ve got him now and probably are best off letting him captain the ship through 2025 rather than starting over with a green leader before the media and grant of rights contracts come up.

This thread reads like a handful of frequent flyer whiners airing their endless grievances on a groundhog festivus day.
False, an AD’s #1 job is to gram and tik tok! And if he or she fails at that, then there will be no fans and our team will lose!!

(Sorry, I know this point is being beaten like a dead horse but I think it’s the funniest complaint I’ve heard on this board since the panic of 2014 when we didn’t know that black jackets existed)

LeagueCityFrog

I think this should stay small for now... Just fix the offensive line and the defensive line, play Max and feed Darwin Barlow the ball, and most of these head chopping messages will stop because of the wins, including the one coming this Saturday in Austin.

We need TCU in the Power 5 if we want to keep this party train going. 2024-2025 TV deal is crucial for Donati's long-term job. He knows this. The Pac-12 looks the weakest right now. That could change if the Big XII doesn't step it up on the field and start winning some national championships in the Big 3 sports. Chris Del Conte probably casts the deciding vote on this cycle. Like it or not. CDC and ADJD are tight. That can't be a bad thing for TCU this next round.

On the other side, there has been an enormous amount of money dumped into TCU Athletics over a relatively short period of time. Including a bunch by me. I am getting tired of having way too many disappointing TCU Football Saturdays the last three of four seasons and then add in what happened yesterday. At $6 million a year, in 20 seasons at the helm, we should not be struggling with the Iowa States who have had 3 new head coaches and the Baylors who have gone through 4 head coaches in six years. I'm 100% behind Gary, but the losing has to stop. We can still make a run at the 2020 title. The talent is there on this TCU football team, the Big XII looks to be a mess, and the offensive play calling yesterday seemed way better than 2019. Go Frogs!

MTfrog5

Very well said.

Pharm Frog

I'm starting to get very confused about which posters I like and don't like. Way too many of you whose COVID/politics opinions and football opinions don't line up the way I want them to. scheiss you 2020.

I’m very simple on this AD situation... I don’t believe in anointing a successor from within for that level position. If you’ve been grooming someone...great...let that person post and compete and if they beat out the best candidate pool you can muster....great.

I just get the feeling this was a continuity play. I prefer ambitious plays but that’s just my preference. And I know some will say “Who would be that ambitious play?” And to that I say I don’t know and neither does anyone else because it appears we chose the continuity play from the beginning.

That said...cannot and should not fire him now unless he does something illegal or unethical. We chose continuity and that’s what we’re gonna get. That’s the vision.

YA

I don’t hate him. I don’t know him. I know nothing about him other than he doesn’t have the gravitas and possibly even the authority to credibly insist on necessary changes. (And yes the split infinitive is acknowledged)
You don’t know him and you make assumptions based on your feelings? Hope you keep your day job.

YA

Well then I definitely was doing something wrong then

although after watching that debacle on the field today, some other requests from our athletic fund raising teams and discussions about fall practice schedules this week - I think I may just go back to the river and leave fixing the world to you
That is your best outcome all the time for you. Ride or die.

Lol. That guy is a clown. Smu folks want to run him out of town.

The whole point of that suggestion was there were others that could of been great candidates. And Pharm Frog is right, TCU went with the continuity play than a full search internally and externally. We will see if it was a good decision.

Pharm Frog

You don’t know him and you make assumptions based on your feelings? Hope you keep your day job.

Said nothing about my feelings at all. Have expressed my preferences. I don’t know him but I’m very comfortable in my knowledge about his authority. That isn’t a great secret.

YA

Said nothing about my feelings at all. Have expressed my preferences. I don’t know him but I’m very comfortable in my knowledge about his authority. That isn’t a great secret.
I know him personally. You know nothing about the man. You post from your feelings as that is all you got as you are not posting from actual knowledge but your opinion—which is your personal feelings.

Pharm Frog

I know him personally. You know nothing about the man. You post from your feelings as that is all you got as you are not posting from actual knowledge but your opinion—which is your personal feelings.

Opinions are feelings? Great...I hope YOU enjoy your day job.