• The KillerFrogs

Fire Jeremiah Donati

Moose Stuff

He could be great for all I know but it doesn't seem like hiring an AD from any non-P5 school would check all the boxes that so many people seem to want checked.

I have no doubt if we had hired him and things still went exactly as they have on the field then people would be bitching about how you can't bring someone in from a small time athletic program and expect them to do what is needed here.

And have no doubt about it..... you or I could be the AD or CDC could still be the AD and things would still be going the way they are.

MTfrog5

Donati okayed Gary’s asinine decision to be radio silent all off season. It’s terrible for recruiting and terrible for fan engagement and driving fan interest / excitement for the program. And to be so secretive and then to still come out and lay an egg against a bad team is a complete disgrace.
You really think lack of content is the reason we lost. Seriously.

flyfishingfrog

I'm not gonna spend one second discussing the personal life of one of our current head coaches on this board. I will say that our 2018 baseball team wasn't even remotely close to "really good" and it didn't have anything to do with whatever was going on with our head coach off the field.
I don’t give a crap about his personal life - but our AD should

Four of the five highest paid employees of our university sit in the athletic program- you get paid multiple 7 digits for coaching a sport, you don’t get a pass when you leave the office, don’t get to keep your buddies around because you “believe in them” despite 10 years of results or can’t pass on having a plan to fix why you haven’t been able to keep a recruit in the program

that is except when you have a boss that you can effectively ignore when it matters because he doesn’t swing a big enough stick

CountryFrog

Donati okayed Gary’s asinine decision to be radio silent all off season. It’s terrible for recruiting and terrible for fan engagement and driving fan interest / excitement for the program. And to be so secretive and then to still come out and lay an egg against a bad team is a complete disgrace.
Let's be honest. If we'd won 42-10 then no one would give 2 [ Finebaum ]s about the "radio silence" in the off-season. Likewise, no amount of PR during the off-season would make any of us any less pissed off than we currently are.

CountryFrog

I think when the entire team knows their head coach is talking to another program, it has a big effect

and yes I have been told my members of that squad that they were aware of it
It seems pretty clear that you just don't like Schloss for whatever reason. Maybe he didn't kiss your ass enough one time when you talked to him, I don't know. You were bitching and moaning about him in the midst of 4 straight trips to Omaha.

flyfishingfrog

Ok so? Tell the squad to play baseball

I am sure they would have taken that statement seriously...

You think it’s most effective to deliver that message before or after the conference call interview?

I wonder what thoughts are going to go though our Left Tackles head when our OL coach gives him the speech about if you can’t perform, you won’t be playing? You think he will expect to be transferred to the WR group? Or maybe RB? Or QB?

flyfishingfrog

Great teams are player lead. There wasn’t any leadership that year.
Well hell - then why don’t we get rid of the overpaid coaches if that is true...

feel so much better about my donations to the athletic program now that I know the 3 highest paid positions aren’t really the ones responsible for performance...

Moose Stuff

I am sure they would have taken that statement seriously...

You think it’s most effective to deliver that message before or after the conference call interview?

I wonder what thoughts are going to go though our Left Tackles head when our OL coach gives him the speech about if you can’t perform, you won’t be playing? You think he will expect to be transferred to the WR group? Or maybe RB? Or QB?

I liked COVID flyfisher better.

MTfrog5

Well hell - then why don’t we get rid of the overpaid coaches if that is true...

feel so much better about my donations to the athletic program now that I know the 3 highest paid positions aren’t really the ones responsible for performance...
Goodness. You believe whatever you want. If that’s why we sucked that year then my assumptions that they were soft is correct

flyfishingfrog

It seems pretty clear that you just don't like Schloss for whatever reason. Maybe he didn't kiss your ass enough one time when you talked to him, I don't know. You were bitching and moaning about him in the midst of 4 straight trips to Omaha.
Actually I like Schloss a Lot - but he needed to be called to the carpet like anyone else in a leadership role that is making mistakes or doing things that are affecting his job and employees

However I flat out think ADJD is in over his head and was not in a position to have discussions like that with any of the big 3 for lots of reasons

we promoted him to keep things going smoothly and now that they are starting to slip - he isn’t in a position to do much since he has no external frame of reference

so let’s hope our coaches can figure out what is needed to right the ship on their own

flyfishingfrog

I liked COVID flyfisher better.
Well then I definitely was doing something wrong then

although after watching that debacle on the field today, some other requests from our athletic fund raising teams and discussions about fall practice schedules this week - I think I may just go back to the river and leave fixing the world to you