• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: Iowa State at TCU

Toadster

Everything Anderson touches turns to [ Finebaum ]. How in the hell does he still have a job never mind coach a pivotal position. I still can’t believe they moved him back to offensive line [ What the heck? ] Gary?

CountryFrog

And you don’t understand much about football. But keep emotioning all over the place. It will fix everything.
This is certainly true that the fan emotions on a message board do no good. And obviously this one game doesn't ruin the entire season.

I also think fans are justified at this point with the emotional reactions since we've seen this same crap the last 2 years. By far the most disappointing thing to me is the dreadful defense against a bad offense for the 2nd straight year. If that doesn't get you fired up then maybe you just don't have enough fire cells in your brain. Probably a side effect of COVID.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
This is certainly true that the fan emotions on a message board do no good. And obviously this one game doesn't ruin the entire season.

I also think fans are justified at this point with the emotional reactions since we've seen this same crap the last 2 years. By far the most disappointing thing to me is the dreadful defense against a bad offense for the 2nd straight year. If that doesn't get you fired up then maybe you just don't have enough fire cells in your brain. Probably a side effect of COVID.
I don’t let a football game get me down. Life is too short to be bothered by it. Sue me.

CountryFrog

I don’t let a football game get me down. Life is too short to be bothered by it. Sue me.
I might. This country is getting very litigious right now.

Seriously though I don't let any of these games get me down but in the moment and in the immediate aftermath of a loss like that then I'm definitely emotional.

Obviously many people take it to a ridiculous and outlandish place though.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I might. This country is getting very litigious right now.

Seriously though I don't let any of these games get me down but in the moment and in the immediate aftermath of a loss like that then I'm definitely emotional.

Obviously many people take it to a ridiculous and outlandish place though.
I had no expectations going into the season so today was actually a pretty positive game in my mind. Max looks better. Defense was disappointing. The line will get better. Would have preferred a win but whatever. We didn’t get blown out.

Oh, and the offense being called is so much better.

I had no expectations going into the season so today was actually a pretty positive game in my mind. Max looks better. Defense was disappointing. The line will get better. Would have preferred a win but whatever. We didn’t get blown out.

Oh, and the offense being called is so much better.

Agree. Have to give a little slack for the first game with all they have gone through. First game, some big mistakes but mostly correctable. I think anyway.

Mean Purple

I would like to point out, for reference, that ULL barely survived their game today. We just got pushed around by the team that got pushed around by ULL.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Seriously Gary. How the scheiss does this offense rip your defense to shreds 2 straight years? No scheissing excuses about this was our 1st game [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ]. No way that a team who scores 14 against Louisiana can come put 37 on you in the next game. No scheissing way.

This year they had a game under their belt, we didn’t. Look at KState second game improvement. Very few teams have looked really good first time out in this weird year.

If we suck next week, then maybe we just suck. But I suspect seeing game speed and conditions will help and we will see some improvement.

Mean Purple

Whoever coaches our OL should be fired.

We played worse than the Raggin' Cajuns...

6 sacks. 6 sacks and 99 rushing yards... W T H?

We had 499 yards and how many points did offense get off of that?
We basically doubled them on 1st downs.
The amount of sacks we gave up.
That we were ahead on 3rd down conversions and TOP, yet some parts of the defense couldn't hang.

But we also doubled them on team/coach distractions this year.

Yes, it is just the first game, but there is a trend at some spots and it is not good. We are not a group of 5 team. We have facilities. We are getting the dudes, supposedly. So any idea that a head coach has earned a walk if he has a 3rd straight bad year won't fly with some. Others are afraid that if there was ever a coaching change we could go back to what it was before GP. The others would point out last season and say hello.

GP is paid a ton of money. It is crazy to think he is not aware how bad the O line play is and that an assistant is not getting it done. It would also be crazy to think he is not aware that young O line need to gel.
But he can't get too comfortable either.

But all that said, here's the thing, when Max came in, it was a different world. Yes, he threw an INT, but we were down and the pressing is just gonna happen in a die hard effort to win. At the same time, we never had the lead the game ... at home ... against a team who got pushed around by ULL.

Everybody has a correct view on this when you think about it.