• The KillerFrogs

Has GP lost his fastball?

Mr. Bigglesworth

while some on this board were gushing all about the things written about two frog safeties there were others of us who kept raising the question about the defensive ends

what we saw today was a continuation of the problems from last year and i am concerned if there are answers on the roster

forget what you saw from the tcu defense prior to the big 12 because tcu was rarely overmatched in the lines

since joining the big 12 the frogs have been competitive defensively when they could match up in the lines
I think we saw marcel touch the field once...thx gary

Horny4TCU

We need the next Dick Bumpas standing next to Patterson. When we find that, and a couple of aggressive defensive ends, the defense will be back.

We can't take a HS RB and make them a DE anymore. That ended when we joined the B12. GP needs to get a pipeline from LA, MS, AL, FL of big fast defensive linemen.

Eight

We need the next Dick Bumpas standing next to Patterson. When we find that, and a couple of aggressive defensive ends, the defense will be back.

We can't take a HS RB and make them a DE anymore. That ended when we joined the B12. GP needs to get a pipeline from LA, MS, AL, FL of big fast defensive linemen.

bumpas found gary not gary finding him and gary isn't looking for new ideas

who on the defensive side of the ball doesn't have their job because of gary?

who has extensive experience in a system other than gary's?

Horny4TCU

bumpas found gary not gary finding him and gary isn't looking for new ideas

who on the defensive side of the ball doesn't have their job because of gary?

who has extensive experience in a system other than gary's?
So wouldn't another Bumpas help with this?

JAB331

It's the first game. There are so many new coaches (even if they've been with the program before), they need a chance to gel and this is the perfect season. If you watched Iowa State's first game, you would have completely written them off, but they are a decent and well coached team. This is why we have first week cup cakes.

No matter. CGP has made the right moves, and this season is #$@ regardless - mark my words - you wouldn't want this to be our coming out year! It's a perfect season for the coaches and players to figure our what works and get in a groove. For me, it's finish .500 or above and setup nicely for next season - that's realistic and achievable goal.

Heck, by even playing they've already made my day! And make no mistake, the Big XII saved college football this fall, so I'm going to give the whole conference a pass...

Eight

It's the first game. There are so many new coaches (even if they've been with the program before), they need a chance to gel and this is the perfect season. If you watched Iowa State's first game, you would have completely written them off, but they are a decent and well coached team. This is why we have first week cup cakes.

No matter. CGP has made the right moves, and this season is #$@ regardless - mark my words - you wouldn't want this to be our coming out year! It's a perfect season for the coaches and players to figure our what works and get in a groove. For me, it's finish .500 or above and setup nicely for next season - that's realistic and achievable goal.

Heck, by even playing they've already made my day! And make no mistake, the Big XII saved college football this fall, so I'm going to give the whole conference a pass...

how many new coaches on the defensive side? how many new defensive players?

JAB331

how many new coaches on the defensive side? how many new defensive players?
I get that, but Gary has always been a gambler. Our defense has always been susceptible to the big play, but it's also allowed us to punch way above our weight. And when he gambles and loses, we need an offense that can win a shootout. If Max could have played the whole game, I think we win by a point.

Eight

I get that, but Gary has always been a gambler. Our defense has always been susceptible to the big play, but it's also allowed us to punch way above our weight. And when he gambles and loses, we need an offense that can win a shootout. If Max could have played the whole game, I think we win by a point.

gary could do that in cusa and the mwc, but he has been exposed more and more and more in the big 12

offensive talent is too good as the coaching and schemes

JAB331

gary could do that in cusa and the mwc, but he has been exposed more and more and more in the big 12

offensive talent is too good as the coaching and schemes

¯\_(ツ)_/¯, We'll see right. TCU is not going to fire CGP, but if he doesn't get back to a conference championship in the next couple of years (this one doesn't count), then I think we'll see him retire of his own volition.

(edit: grammar cleanup)

Mean Purple

What we saw today was the result of bad coaching. Starting with the O-line. Your best players need to be the players closest to the ball. The high snaps, missed blocks, holding, getting their tails owned ... that is what happen when the position coach is not up to the task. GP needs to understand that the Rose Bowl buffer is over. TCU's conference record since joining the big 12 is what?

He has been too distracted, as has the team. Cutting an album, head of an association, etc. Then the social issues.

He is paid millions, and his O line has continued to regress, as has his defense as a whole. If it were not for some key stars on defense, we would have gotten destroyed.

How many times did our QBs get sacked today?

Oddly enough, the offensive scheme would work until the Frogs shot themselves in the foot.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
We've led the Big 12 in total defense 3 years in a row.
This.

We're not going to stop each and every play for a loss. We have had a consistently good, sometimes great defense for many years.

Like many have said, the entire GMFP system is predicated on the front 4 getting pressure. Last season, we had little pressure from the front 4. This year looks the same. Why we haven't had any luck getting good recruits to blossom at those positions, especially considering their importance, is strange.