• The KillerFrogs

Downing to start against ISU per ESPN

Putt4Purple

I believe Patterson at his word. Having said that, I also believe Max will get his playing time as well. If Downing is playing great he will get the most reps. Brown will get his rewards as well for his work. Max might get a series or two. I would not look for Max to play much if the Frogs are in control. Go Frogs!

Atomic Frawg

If Downing has been "the guy" as CGP stated, then I'm glad he's getting the start. He is the one that has the timing and chemistry with the starters, and the gameplan may have been designed around Downing's strengths. That tells me some actual coaching may be going on instead just putting players in thinking things are automatically gonna be plug-n-play. The coaches shouldn't give starting positions to anyone. The players should take them.

That being said, I hope Downing lights it up (and we win). Force Duggan to wrestle the job away from him. They'll both be better for it.

Putt4Purple

Is too much focus being given to the QB's? In this first game at least. Maybe the Frogs are focused on the run game for a change since we are loaded with talent. A change of pace thought. Go Frogs!