• The KillerFrogs

Baylor/La Tech postponed

Eight

Piffle. Uncle Joe said that such a number is merely a statistic.

hqdefault.jpg

Endless Purple

So apparently Baylor was able to schedule a game with Houston this weekend after both of them couldn’t play last week.

The deal was done in 18 hours.

https://www.si.com/college/2020/09/17/baylor-houston-game-schedule

Gotta say, I wish we had done something similar. I don’t even care about the opponent.

Isn't it more an issue that Baylor was not the one with the sick players, so they could still play, while TCU was the one that had to quarantine in our case.

jake102

I’m setting the over/under on TCU games played this season at 5

I hope these teams are taking advantage of these huge outbreaks like LSU did, but they are SEC

Mean Purple

Apparently it was due to “contact tracing” concerns rather than actual positive tests.
I think many of the games postponed have had a significant factor of players not being quarantined due to contact tracing rather than just being infected. I would submit that was the case for a good chunk of our team as well.

jake102

The Big Ten and Pac 12 were stupid.. they left themselves no wiggle room.

Everyone should have started late August, so when stuff like this happens we can navigate it.

I think it would make sense for the four big conferences to have a meeting and extend the season another week. You run into Xmas, but that's the way it is. I could even see extending conference play until Dec 19, then taking a bowl style break before playing your CCG and playoffs/bowls in early/mid January