• The KillerFrogs

Rumors about Max being cleared....

Froggish

Based upon what we've all read, Cumbie's intrinsic value is getting highly sought after high school players to come here, most recently including interior offensive linemen. Having Cumbie joined with Meacham and Kill together running an offense is unconventional and perhaps a hodge podge as their approaches conflict with one another. I feel, however, that these guys are going to concoct a solid plan that will produce a good offense in the years to come.

Gary has righted the ship before, and I believe will do so again. I believe Gary will produce a break through season over the next 3-4 years.

Break through? Do you mean CFB Playoff? That’s aggressive

jack the frog

Cause he was a truck, when he decided to actually run like a truck. Everyone on god’s green earth knew what play was coming and which way it was being run every single time.

BUT, I’ll take it over that godforsaken fade that Cumbie seems married to.

I've come to believe that Cumbie panics at the goal line and when the vapor lock sets in he literally cannot think of anything but the fade or that trap right or right off tackle into massive traffic. His body langauge is terrible down there.

Sounds like if we recruit better players at every position our offense would be better? Who knew it was that simple? I hope we don’t see the same offense as the last two years! Don’t think my eyes can take it.

Eight

Definitely not.

r7pvei5o3h8z.jpg

Eight

Not much. Texas and OU would be the only two teams in the league with with more offensive talent, and I would argue that our skill position guys are better than UT (or will be in time)

frogs have talent, but 4 stars all around the offensive roster?

based on the ratings from hfb, 2 of the 13 wide receivers were a 4 star coming out of high school, none of the tight ends, 3 of the 16 offensive linemen, 1 of the 3 quarterbacks, and 2 of the 5 running backs.

do believe a number of those kids were undervalued by the services such as darwin, coker, williams, medford, and savion

also think that when you look at the run of offensive linemen the frogs have had that made the nfl (vaitai, hunt, collins, morris, noteboom, pryor, schlottman, and niang) only 1 of those 8 was rated a 4-star and the rest were 3 or lower so production in college matters especially in the offensive line

do think ok state is pretty close to not better in offensive talent at the skill position or at least they are in an offense that maximizes what they are doing on that side of the ball

Moose Stuff

frogs have talent, but 4 stars all around the offensive roster?

based on the ratings from hfb, 2 of the 13 wide receivers were a 4 star coming out of high school, none of the tight ends, 3 of the 16 offensive linemen, 1 of the 3 quarterbacks, and 2 of the 5 running backs.

do believe a number of those kids were undervalued by the services such as darwin, coker, williams, medford, and savion

also think that when you look at the run of offensive linemen the frogs have had that made the nfl (vaitai, hunt, collins, morris, noteboom, pryor, schlottman, and niang) only 1 of those 8 was rated a 4-star and the rest were 3 or lower so production in college matters especially in the offensive line

do think ok state is pretty close to not better in offensive talent at the skill position or at least they are in an offense that maximizes what they are doing on that side of the ball

OK, we have less 4 stars than I thought we did, but it's worth noting that we probably have 5-6 significant contributors on offense among those 4 stars when Max is healthy. I stand by my comment that we have a ton of offensive talent and easily a top 3 group in the conference in that regard. Lack of talent has not been the issue. Not even close.

Edit... and I refuse to label Barlow anything but a 4 star. That was an absolute travesty.

Last edited: