• The KillerFrogs

Rumors about Max being cleared....

Froggish

do we know what the offense is going to be in 2020?

first, take the obvious off the table as all bets are off if duggan is truly gone for the year

when kill was at minnesota the offense he and limegrover put together was run focused, heavy sets, and play action.

no problem with a set offensive style and no problem with it being run heavy, but that is a 180 from the offense meach and sonny ran in 2014-16 and their roots are also 180 from a heavy set, run based offense

one of their former quarterbacks described the offense as a cross between tcu's spread and wisconsin were you could be in 3 tights on one play and 4 wide the next

a common complaint though was in the end there was no base identity and each week the offense could get a number of new plays and formations so there wasn't a great deal of continuity

don't care if the frogs run the single wing. i just want to see an offense with a core scheme that they can execute and puts players in a position to be successfully,

give me the 2017 offense and supposedly that wasn't from the mind of sonny dykes, but we sure as heck didn't see anything close to it in 2018 or 2019

Yes this is the point I was making. Not that we haven’t had the conversation about what we want to be but that we, up until now, continue to arrive a bizarro conclusion that is a mash up of a lot of different concepts. My hope is that Kill recognizes that the mashup BS is way too noisy and wants us to be good at something not average at a lot of things. While I personally have my opinions of what I’d like us to be good at, I don’t even care of what it is at this point. Run the ARaid, RPO, Triple Option, Wing T, Single Wing, or Power I. Who cares..just run something that doesn’t suck.

If we have below AVG QBs and below AVG WRs well than it’s pretty obvious we have below avg recruiters who may also be below avg coaches. In such case we are in effect just a mediocre pile of [ Finebaum ] program. I however believe we are pretty talented so my guess is the coaching piece is the problem. Does getting Meacham and Kill in here solve that? Sure hope so. It’s certainly a step in the right direction

Mean Purple

Wow! I’ve been so excited for Horned Frog football to get started this season. We’ve been to hell and back since last season. Every amount is [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] has been thrown at us for months. Football, particularly Frog football, is my oasis in the scheissing desert of a life we’ve all been living. I was hoping to see some excitement on here that the new season is getting ready to start, and we are all excited to actually see the first kickoff of the season. Instead all I hear is how much pond water we suck when we haven’t played one scheissing down. If we are going to be as bad as what is being said here, why would the Frogs even bother to suit up. By the way, what news does the not connected buddy have to say lately about Max being cleared to play?
GO FROGS!
BEAT ISU!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and fok baylor!!

This thread needs to go off track again.

westoverhillbilly

Based upon what we've all read, Cumbie's intrinsic value is getting highly sought after high school players to come here, most recently including interior offensive linemen. Having Cumbie joined with Meacham and Kill together running an offense is unconventional and perhaps a hodge podge as their approaches conflict with one another. I feel, however, that these guys are going to concoct a solid plan that will produce a good offense in the years to come.

Gary has righted the ship before, and I believe will do so again. I believe Gary will produce a break through season over the next 3-4 years.

CountryFrog

We've all got some doubts about the offense based on the mess we've seen the last 2 years. I personally will wait until a game is played in 2020 before bitching about the structure of the 2020 offense.

Crazy approach for a message board I know. Now I'm going to get a slice of pumpkin pie.

CountryFrog

What Cheese said. Typically the job of the OC is to create and call plays on gameday. It would be like having a CFO but asking the head of HR to do the accounting.
I understand the point you're shooting for but this is a terrible analogy. It's not like we've got the head of the training staff calling plays. We've got someone on the offensive staff with a ton of experience running an offense and calling plays.

So really it's more like having a CFO but the VP of Accounting does all of the accounting.

We took away play calling duties from our OC and brought 2 prominent new voices onto the offensive staff. We've had the conversation.
You would certainly have to think that since Kill was brought in for the very purpose of evaluating what the offense was doing and the end result of that evaluation is that SC is no longer really the OC.