• The KillerFrogs

Rumors about Max being cleared....

BABYFACE

Little league starts kid pitch too early. It is such a whip. A few years ago, our team threw a no hitter and lost 12-11 in 3 innings. All three innings we walked in 4 runs.
We didn’t have coach pitch when I was growing up. We were pitching in 2nd grade. I was pitching in my younger years of little league because I could throw strikes. Had a mean breaking ball as I got older with a tailing fastball. Problem was my velocity didn’t develop as well as other good pitchers. Learned to embrace being a middle infielder from then on out.

froglash88

We started kid pitch in the Spring of 8u. Played in the 8U kid pitch WS in Disney. We really didn’t experience many games that had a ton of walks. Heck we beat Team Miami (Carlos Boozer’s son’s team at the time) 1-0. The team that won it back then was from Chino Hill CA. They had 2 kids clocked at 63/65 mph from 40 feet on the Wide World of Sports Stadium radar gun. 9U moved to 46 feet. Some teams definitely struggled with throwing strikes, but overall it wasn’t that bad.

HFrog1999

This thread has not ended up where I had hoped.

giphy.gif

WIN

We didn’t have coach pitch when I was growing up. We were pitching in 2nd grade. I was pitching in my younger years of little league because I could throw strikes. Had a mean breaking ball as I got older with a tailing fastball. Problem was my velocity didn’t develop as well as other good pitchers. Learned to embrace being a middle infielder from then on out.

University or Blue Raider?

CryptoMiner

Did you play at the old Thornton Steel ballpark?

BABYFACE

University or Blue Raider?
Blue Raider. The University kids used to tell us how much better they were than us. I think the overall coaching at University might have been better, but Blue Raider had some good talent come thru there. Of course, this way before select existed, thank God.”

Simpler times then. I always looked forward to chugging a Dr Pepper with no ice from the concession stand after the game.