• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

steelfrog

Tier 1
FX has a 4th season of Fargo coming out with Chris rock that looks really good

Netflix has a show coming out called The devil all the time

new Dune movie looks interesting

For you cooking fans, Netflix has a new show out called chefs table: bbq the first two of which are terrific, one profiles our very own Snows bbq in Livingston tx

ShadowFrog

Moderators
I have seen every James Bond movie on opening night since Moonraker when my dad took me. For the last 25 years or so I've taken a vacation day on Opening Day. Same thing for the Pink Panther franchise since PP Strikes Again (although there may have been one of those that I saw as a Saturday matinee).
My first on the big screen was Live & Let Die

Frog-in-law1995

My first on the big screen was Live & Let Die

Mine was A View to a Kill. So my first was Roger Moore, which is just a shame, then they didn’t go with Pierce Brosnan, which pissed me off. Not a very good start to my fandom. Turned out though that Dalton was pretty decent, if a bit too serious, and Brosnan ended up being all the stuff I disliked about Moore and then some.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
I still don’t get Interstellar.
I barely got Inception.
I liked the new Batman.
Really liked WestWorld.
Totally sold on Person of Interest & got the box set.
I think that makes me a C- on the Nolan’s scale.

Horned Toad

I really liked Interstellar.
I liked Interstellar too but it just seemed to be missing something. I don’t know if it is based off a book and if so, reading it might give me an insight on what was missing. I did enjoy the movie though. It was like eating French fries that needed a little more salt.

JugbandFrog

What is Deadwood about? I've never seen it, but am always looking for a good series.
Interstellar was my favorite movie of all time until the last 15 minutes. Dropped from perfection to probably a 8/9 out of 10.
I was dating this gal whose dad came to visit one week. We watched Interstellar, and he fell asleep during the last 15 minutes. We finished the movie, and just as I was going to turn it off he woke up and wanted to know what happened. She went to bed, so I rewound the last 15.

He falls asleep. I keep playing the movie, as I still wasn’t 100% sure what happened. It ends I start to turn it off and go to bed. He wakes up. He promises he won’t fall asleep, so I rewind it.

He falls asleep.

We do this about 5x before we are able to inch our way to the ending. Ayy.

What Up Toad

Tenet was meh. If you like Nolan movies, you will really like it. I guess I’m getting old cuz I’m confused most of the time.

Not just you. The movie's visually impressive, but they don't do a good job of explaining things and when they are explaining things, you can hardly understand them. Basically everyone I've talked to wished there had been subtitles.

Latest posts