• The KillerFrogs

Any Idea of Game Time?

FrogAbroad

Am I the only person who's finding it difficult to get excited about college football this year? Maybe when there's an actual kick-off involving at least one team I'm interested in it'll be different. But as of this morning...shoot, I just don't have the ganas to watch and follow...

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Am I the only person who's finding it difficult to get excited about college football this year? Maybe when there's an actual kick-off involving at least one team I'm interested in it'll be different. But as of this morning...shoot, I just don't have the ganas to watch and follow...
I was geeked out Saturday night to see the Whatevers v. the Whoevers. It was College Football, man!

Sadly, it was carried by ESPN, and they did what they could to ruin it with rubbing our noses in political statements and the witless ramblings of the whelp of Golic. The 'mute' went on early, and after the 8th or so commercial break, Mrs. Brewingfrog and I went and sat on the porch and enjoyed the evening with the TV turned off.

We have, however, enjoyed the broadcasts of High School games. The announcers are markedly better, and there are far fewer commercials.

Bob Sugar

I was geeked out Saturday night to see the Whatevers v. the Whoevers. It was College Football, man!

Sadly, it was carried by ESPN, and they did what they could to ruin it with rubbing our noses in political statements and the witless ramblings of the whelp of Golic. The 'mute' went on early, and after the 8th or so commercial break, Mrs. Brewingfrog and I went and sat on the porch and enjoyed the evening with the TV turned off.

We have, however, enjoyed the broadcasts of High School games. The announcers are markedly better, and there are far fewer commercials.
The TD on the first play of the season was great to watch. Solid run.

Last edited:

FrogAbroad

agree. ESPN has really gone to crap. There are enough interesting angles in sports, and the folks playing/coaching sports, to fill air time. Instead, they cut much of that out now and run is a bunch of nonsense.
I agree, but after all they do it for a purpose other than to ****off part of the viewing audience (you know, old farts like me). So somewhere out there in TV-viewingland, there IS some demographic that responds positively to the "stuff" they're broadcasting.