• The KillerFrogs

It's official: Big 10 to postpone, attempt to restart in spring

Frog-in-law1995

That’s been the question going round on college sports talk shows for the last month. Some people are more afraid of a frivolous law suit culture than others. The ones that play figured there’s going to be nothing to warrant suing over so they’re playing.

I’m still confused. If they’re not playing over fear of lawsuits, why has the recent cheaper Covid test caused them to rethink their position?

stbrab

I need help from the board on here in how costs work for HS. Are schools responsible for the preventative testing or does that fall on parents since kids are minors? In college it falls on schools which is why TCU has poured massive amounts of $ into this.
I’ve been told, and I don’t know how accurate it is, that they are not testing unless someone has symptoms.

robbroyy

I’m still confused. If they’re not playing over fear of lawsuits, why has the recent cheaper Covid test caused them to rethink their position?
It’s both. Not just one or the other. The lower cost of tests makes it more feasible to be able to trace everyone quicker and prevent the disastrous outcomes in their mind which then prevent lawsuits.

HG73

It’s both. Not just one or the other. The lower cost of tests makes it more feasible to be able to trace everyone quicker and prevent the disastrous outcomes in their mind which then prevent lawsuits.
More lawsuits from local businesses than a few covid victims.

HG73

Big10 now floating the idea of starting their season after Thanksgiving, just as a normal season would be ending. 10 games in the winter and 12 more in the fall. That's 22 games in one year.

PAC saying they may play a six game season in the spring ending with possible games with Big10 teams. Five conference games presumably against the other teams in their division.

Both seasons end before the NFL draft in April.

Neither sounds feasible to me. Anything to keep Trump from being re-elected.

tyler durden

Tyler Durden
Big10 now floating the idea of starting their season after Thanksgiving, just as a normal season would be ending. 10 games in the winter and 12 more in the fall. That's 22 games in one year.

PAC saying they may play a six game season in the spring ending with possible games with Big10 teams. Five conference games presumably against the other teams in their division.

Both seasons end before the NFL draft in April.

Neither sounds feasible to me. Anything to keep Trump from being re-elected.
Lol, is that tin foil hat 7-⅜, or is it adjustable?

HG73

Lol, is that tin foil hat 7-⅜, or is it adjustable?
That's why they want to start the season right after the election. Won't matter if the Big12, SEC and ACC play their seasons, the Big10 will just look stupid. And get sued by every small business and player in their footprint.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Anything to keep Trump from being re-elected.

Initially, I thought "Nobody would be that stupid! They would be throwing away millions and endangering the very existence of their institutions! I know the left is deranged with hatred, but that is too far beyond the Pale to even think..."

Yet, with each new day, it appears that that is exactly what they did. Insanity.

tyler durden

Tyler Durden
That's why they want to start the season right after the election. Won't matter if the Big12, SEC and ACC play their seasons, the Big10 will just look stupid. And get sued by every small business and player in their footprint.
Wait, you seriously believe that? Wow, I knew Trump was into all these little wackjob conspiracy theories, but I didn’t think his Trump Humpers did too. That’s um quite um something.

Eight

watching the high school game from the columbus, ohio today and the top player from one of the high schools isn't playing this fall because he might be able to play for ohio state in the spring

sure he came up with that idea on his own

asleep003

Anything to keep Trump from being re-elected.
Initially, I thought "Nobody would be that stupid! They would be throwing away millions and endangering the very existence of their institutions! I know the left is deranged with hatred, but that is too far beyond the Pale to even think..."

Yet, with each new day, it appears that that is exactly what they did. Insanity.

Wow, this is total Nuts ... LVH stuff !