• The KillerFrogs

2314 needs your prayers

FrogAbroad

Thursday wasn't a good day for 2314. His sister reported he has fluid around his heart and his blood pressure goes up and down. She was awaiting results of the echocardiogram to see how they will treat him. "It’s a roller coaster, he takes a small step forward and then is pushed back 2 steps."
"Pericardial effusion" is serious stuff...been there, done that, not fun at all. Again, Top, thanks for the update...as always, you help me remember and pray for a fellow Frog.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Well his sister just made a post and today is a different and much better day for 2314:

"Tony Eierdam is having a better day today. He is off the blood pressure meds, still on dialysis. His ventilator settings have been lowered, just a few more settings and he can be off it. He has good awareness today meaning he followed commands of “Thumbs up” and able to squeeze nurses hand when requested. I pray the antibodies of Covid 19 are helping him to get well. Thank you all for keeping Tony and I in your prayers, you all are keeping me going."

Hemingway

They said they have no idea, it doesn’t seem to necessarily have a “cause”.

That being said, they are learning more and more about how lifestyle choices can increase and decrease people’s chances of cancer. Processed foods, poor sleep, stress, alcohol intake, too much fatty meat, and being overweight can all increase one’s cancer risk. I’m certainly guilty of eating too many processed foods, eating too much fatty meat, and drinking too much alcohol.

Who knows though
Hoping for a speedy recovery. It sounds like 90% of the board is toast though.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I don’t know what that diet is, but probably. Anti-inflammatory is a big part of it.

You want to avoid processed foods, processed meats, fatty meats, and make fruits and vegetables your main source of calories. Try to avoid carbs the best you can, but when you do, eat whole-grain bread and pasta.
Cigars. Did they mention cigars?

HFrog1999

Cigars. Did they mention cigars?

UnknownPoliticalBasilisk-size_restricted.gif

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Update Monday August 24 from Tony’s sister:

Tony’s medical team will be taking out the breathing tube today to see how he does.
They will test to see if he will be negative for Covid tomorrow. If he has 2 negative tests he will be moved to a regular room and I will be able to go see him later in the week(he is in a hospital in Lubbock)
Please continue to pray our number one sports writer continues to get better.
Thank you all for prayers and support.