• The KillerFrogs

Ponies are coming

tcumaniac

117601997_3313009575387809_8222347531850192447_n.jpg

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
TCU Director of Intercollegiate Athletics Jeremiah Donati has announced the Horned Frogs will open their 2020 football season with a Sept. 12 home game against SMU. A kickoff time and TV coverage will be announced later.

The game will mark the 100th meeting in the series between TCU and SMU.

TCU’s opening in its schedule came about Friday when Tennessee Tech canceled. Per the Big 12’s scheduling model this season, member institutions are playing nine conference games and one home non-conference game.

“There continues to be a lot of uncertainty about the season, but I am thrilled we were able to continue our annual series with longtime rival SMU,” Donati said.

TCU and SMU will meet again next year in Fort Worth in a previously scheduled game before the series returns to Dallas in 2022.

SMU is TCU’s second-most played series in its history. The Horned Frogs’ 99 meetings with the Mustangs trail only Baylor (115). Other than the two seasons (1987-88) SMU did not field a team, the 2006 campaign represented the only time the Horned Frogs and Mustangs have not met since 1925. The Horned Frogs hold a 51-41-7 edge over the Mustangs in a series that began with a 43-0 TCU win in Fort Worth in 1915. TCU Head Coach Gary Patterson is 15-3 versus SMU. TCU has won 11 of the last 13 games in the series and 17 of 20.

TCU will have an open date after the SMU game before beginning Big 12 play with a Sept. 26 home contest versus Iowa State.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Well, let's hope that 1.) GMFP gnaws everybody's ass down to the bone for last year's debacle, 2.) Our Offensive Brain Trust remembers to draw up a functional Game Plan, in addition to all the other crap they blatantly failed to do last season, 3.) GMFP somehow keeps his vaunted defense from giving up a bazillion yards and 40 odd points to a team that couldn't get out of it's own way the rest of the season, and 4.) We play with poise, confidence, and well deserved swagger.

Moose Stuff

Well, let's hope that 1.) GMFP gnaws everybody's ass down to the bone for last year's debacle, 2.) Our Offensive Brain Trust remembers to draw up a functional Game Plan, in addition to all the other crap they blatantly failed to do last season, 3.) GMFP somehow keeps his vaunted defense from giving up a bazillion yards and 40 odd points to a team that couldn't get out of it's own way the rest of the season, and 4.) We play with poise, confidence, and well deserved swagger.

This has epic revenge beat down written all over it. I'll give you solid odds that Buechele doesn't finish the game healthy.

TCUdirtbag

We had a BLAST last year. Del Frisco’s was nice enough to make room for 8 of us for celebratory dinner that evening. Great place!

I too enjoy Fort Worth more than Dallas.

Not sure why you think you’re getting under anyone’s skin. We’re a power 5 and far superior program that continues our home and home charity for you. Y’all are so desperate for relevance you just threw your hands up and threw away your pride to agree to play us in Fort Worth 3x in a row.

Your painful attempts at trolling would be better served if your team wasn’t 3-16 against us this century. Or if you had more than 5,000 fans. Or if your own alums cared about your also-ran, money losing joke of a program.

ECM

I too enjoy Fort Worth more than Dallas.

Not sure why you think you’re getting under anyone’s skin. We’re a power 5 and far superior program that continues our home and home charity for you. Y’all are so desperate for relevance you just threw your hands up and threw away your pride to agree to play us in Fort Worth 3x in a row.

Your painful attempts at trolling would be better served if your team wasn’t 3-16 against us this century. Or if you had more than 5,000 fans. Or if your own alums cared about your also-ran, money losing joke of a program.
su·pe·ri·or·i·ty com·plex

noun
  1. an attitude of superiority which conceals actual feelings of inferiority and failure.