• The KillerFrogs

New Big 12 Schedule Released

stbrab

I made the grievous error of turning on ESPN U on the radio earlier today. Silly me: I thought, what with the BIGXII deciding to play, and Nebraska being threatened not to jump ship, that there would be a lively discussion of potential Conference shifts and player transfers. Nope.

All the blithering idiot Taylor Zarzer had to blither about was "The Conferences that aren't going to play are all going to vote Biden, while the ones that are going to play are all voting for Trump. I hate to go into politics..."

Luckily, the Beatles Channel was nearby...
ESPN U has been pretty disappointing the past few months...I've found myself going to the Beatles Channel quite a bit.

I catch Mark Packer sometimes going home...he's been pretty good.

Last edited:

Eight

They have him paired with Rick Neuhiesel (sp?) in the late morning hours. He does most of the talking.

As I said, I thought perhaps there would be some worthy discussion, considering all the tumult. But, alas...

for me, the last 5-10 years. most of the national conversations about college football have become the same loop over and over and over again

maybe it is because i have gotten older, maybe i just don't see the genius in jim harbaugh and why this season will be different this time, but i just have little to no interest in any of the national college football conversation and any interest i had was killed in that dog and pony clusterfawk we got exposed to each week of the first bcs season in 2014.

that was the most contrived [ Finebaum ] i can recall in quite sometime, literally expected to see vince mcmahan at some point in one of those broadcasts and the final "episode" just killed any interest that was there for me.

Last edited:

HFrog1999

for me, the last 5-10 years. most of the national conversations about college football have become the same loop over and over and over again

maybe it is because i have gotten older, maybe i just don't see the genius in jim harbaugh and why this season will be different this time, but i just have little to no interest in any of the national college football conversation and any interest i had was killed in that dog and pony clusterfawk we got exposed to each week of the first season in 2014.

that was the most contrived [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] i can recall in quite sometime, literally expected to see vince mcmahan at some point in one of those broadcasts and the final "episode" just killed any interest that was there for me.

Yeah, 2014 completely legitimized the "National Championship" for me. Now, the only thing I care about or pay attention to is winning the Big 12 and going to a good bowl.

However, given the circumstances this year, I guarantee that TCU will win the National Championship and Big10/Pac 12 fans will [ hundin] and moan that it's not legitimate.

SilverLiquidCuscus-size_restricted.gif

HG73

I think players AND fans will be irate. What if you're an Iowa Hawkeyes fan? Your team won't be playing this year but your arch-rival, Iowa State, will be. Or Penn State fans? The Nittany Lions are going to be idle but the Pitt Panthers are going to tee it up. Or let's say you live in Indiana and are a Hoosiers fan or a Boilermakers fan? You're already living in Notre Dame's shadow to begin with but now your team will be sidelined while the Irish take the field week after week as a temporary member of the ACC.

And speaking of the ACC, I wonder how its two teams from deep-blue states (Syracuse and Boston College) are going to play their schedule: New York State currently has a quarantine on visitors from 14 states and Massachusetts has one that covers well over 40 states.

It's going to be super-weird to say the least. And I'm still not convinced that the "Power Three" conferences are going to be able to pull this off in the end, as much as I'd like to see them do it.
THIS RIGHT HERE^^^. The teams in the B1G, PAC and MW that want to play should just schedule each other. How about this: Nebraska, Iowa, tOsu, PSU, Utah, Zona, ASU, USC, UCLA, Boise and Fresno just work out a schedule for this year only. Think a network would pick that up for a season? Especially if they just got furked out of their season broadcast by the B1G or PAC? In a heartbeat.

JockO de Frog

THIS RIGHT HERE^^^. The teams in the B1G, PAC and MW that want to play should just schedule each other. How about this: Nebraska, Iowa, tOsu, PSU, Utah, Zona, ASU, USC, UCLA, Boise and Fresno just work out a schedule for this year only. Think a network would pick that up for a season? Especially if they just got furked out of their season broadcast by the B1G or PAC? In a heartbeat.
As I mentioned on another thread, the Big 10 commissioner said if Nebraska plays ball this fall, they would be out of the Big 10. Now, if tOSU and PSU and Michigan said they were going to play, I think the commissioner would rephrase his statement.

Bizarro Frog

My son said it is quite probably the most Bad Arse uniform he's ever seen. And I have to say after not liking it in the beginning I think they should be used in all our big games. Look awesome on the field.

Gary_Patterson_7.jpg
I was lucky enough to be right behind the team for that game and I agree we should wear them for the big home games. I would love to see a road version of them as well.