• The KillerFrogs

New 2020 Football Ticket Policy Released

berryfrog95

Spoke to the ticket office a few minutes ago. He couldn't share what percentage of season ticket holder renewed compared to normal, but anecdotally, I know a lot of pretty loyal fans that decided not to renew this year, so if that represents the rest of the fan base, I'd guess a pretty large amount of accounts did not renew for this season.

To that point, the ticket office confirmed that only accounts that did renew will be allowed to participate in the one time reallocation process for 2020.

Last few noteworthy things:
  • Students were initially expected to be given 4,000 seats, but sounds like the number is likely to be lowered to around 2,700. Students will count towards the 12,000 limit.
  • Guy I spoke with was unable to tell me how suites / clubs seats will be handled and if those will count towards the 12,000 number.
  • Masks will be required by all in attendance at all times. Lol at trying to enforce that.
Thanks Maniac.

So we’re working with 9,300 season tix available.

that means it would satisfy 2,325 accounts.

now we just need to know what you were asking, how many total accounts are there and how many seats each account has on average.

I’ll be waiting patiently, but my original point I didn’t make clear is that some won’t be able to picks seats as the 9,300 are gobbled up, just a hunch

tcumaniac

I read this quickly and maybe missed it but if you go through the one time seat selection process, and the protocol has reduced your availability, say from 4 to 2, assume the 2 unavailable seats will be eligible for the refund/donation/2021 option?
Sounds like everyone will be given access to up to 4 seats, assuming there's still available inventory.

But to your point, say you have 10 seats in your account, you would be able to receive a refund for the 6 seats you already paid for.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Thanks Maniac.

now we just need to know what you were asking, how many total accounts are there and how many seats each account has on average.

I’ll be waiting patiently, but my original point I didn’t make clear is that some won’t be able to picks seats as the 9,300 are gobbled up, just a hunch
We also don’t know if clubs/suites count toward the 12,000. We don’t know if club/suites count toward the 4 seats per account limit.

tcumaniac

Thanks Maniac.

Other thing to consider are tickets that are reserved for guests of players and staff. I could see that taking up another 500 to 1,000 tickets.

tcumaniac

We also don’t know if clubs/suites count toward the 12,000. We don’t know if club/suites count toward the 4 seats per account limit.
From what I understand, the suites should not count towards total capacity, as they are considered a separate entity outside of the rest of the fans in attendance. I'm guessing club seats probably will count, but I'm not sure.

To your other point though, many suite holders may have tickets elsewhere in the stadium, possibly still giving them access to their suite plus an additional 4 in the stadium.

Mean Purple

Think the option for some will be off campus tailgate with the porable dish. May be time to lease a Tiffin class and get a few spaces at the soon to be new TCU fan substation in the Stock Yards.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
From what I understand, the suites should not count towards total capacity, as they are considered a separate entity outside of the rest of the fans in attendance. I'm guessing club seats probably will count, but I'm not sure.

To your other point though, many suite holders may have tickets elsewhere in the stadium, possibly still giving them access to their suite plus an additional 4 in the stadium.
There is the distinct possibility that there are still some people trying to figure out all the wrinkles and unforeseen issues that are popping up.

InstaFrog

I read this quickly and maybe missed it but if you go through the one time seat selection process, and the protocol has reduced your availability, say from 4 to 2, assume the 2 unavailable seats will be eligible for the refund/donation/2021 option?
That sounds like math...I was promised an inside lavatory and no math.

Dogfrog

That sounds like math...I was promised an inside lavatory and no math.

LOL - I was a little confused about whether we have the option to take less seats than four if we have a four seat account. However, I see they are also implementing a Frogs helping Frogs process whereby we can return any tickets during the season for credit toward next season, and those returned tickets will only be sold to other Frogs so I’m good with that.

berryfrog95

Other thing to consider are tickets that are reserved for guests of players and staff. I could see that taking up another 500 to 1,000 tickets.

It’s probably unlikely they raise capacity limits from 25% but that would definitely be interesting how they would go about distributing tickets.....

tcumaniac

It’s probably unlikely they raise capacity limits from 25% but that would definitely be interesting how they would go about distributing tickets.....
My assumption is that those get reserved in advance and simply reduces the ultimate inventory made available to season ticket holders.