• The KillerFrogs

The Day the Football died

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Hoosier Frog is making the most sense in this forum and since I'm Illini Frog I think I have to duel him for midwest-roots/now a TCU fan supremacy.

I have zero Midwest roots. I’m actually from Houston. My Cajun wife never lived north of I 10 and wanted to experience 4 seasons, so you know who won that argument (but why Indiana!?! {soon to be PC Indigenouspeopleana]).

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
That’s weird. I’ve had relations up around Shiner too.

Me too and all have funny names Pustjovsky, Bohuslav, Hollub (HFer EJ was a cousin). My grandparents ended every word with ing in it as ink, ‘ babushka goingk to store now’ and was always said like an order with double exclamation marks.

Shiner, Weimer, Halletsville, Schulenburg, et al

tyler durden

Tyler Durden
I was going to games while we were in the WAC and we still sucked

However, I’m not going to support TCU if they crap all over our athletes’ season because of political hysteria.

Plus, I’m very concerned about what affect this will have on my sons playing this Fall. If the colleges’ hysteria results in a cancellation of high school football, I will lose it.
Political hysteria or the epicenter of a global pandemic?

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1

Gladly cede that distinction to you.

Love the weather, miss pretty women on every corner that actually know what make-up is, decent BBQ and good Messkin food...but people around here a pretty nice, but seem to lack the manners you see in Texas. Don’t know about your area, but people here think stop signs are a suggestion and right turn on red after stopping means slowing just enough to keep 4 wheels on the ground. Love Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer in that order. Summer here is like April/May in Houston without humidity. Was 58 here the other in the morning, won’t see that in Houston until late October.

Did live in Deerfield north of Chitown for 6 mos once.

illini_frog

Gladly cede that distinction to you.

Love the weather, miss pretty women on every corner that actually know what make-up is, decent BBQ and good Messkin food...but people around here a pretty nice, but seem to lack the manners you see in Texas. Don’t know about your area, but people here think stop signs are a suggestion and right turn on red after stopping means slowing just enough to keep 4 wheels on the ground. Love Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer in that order. Summer here is like April/May in Houston without humidity. Was 58 here the other in the morning, won’t see that in Houston until late October.

Did live in Deerfield north of Chitown for 6 mos once.

Honestly I was just a little kid when I lived in Illinois so can’t vouch for it too much. Grew up on Illini basketball but very glad I’m in FW now due to points you raised

tcudoc

Me too and all have funny names Pustjovsky, Bohuslav, Hollub (HFer EJ was a cousin). My grandparents ended every word with ing in it as ink, ‘ babushka goingk to store now’ and was always said like an order with double exclamation marks.

Shiner, Weimer, Halletsville, Schulenburg, et al
You know what they say about women in Shiner...the odds are good, but the goods are odd.

InstaFrog

outhouses flush?
Nebraska outhouses?!
200.gif

SuperBarrFrog

I’ve had plenty of relations because of Shiner.

Summer before senior year my best buddy had a full size kegerator that we made out of an old fridge that always had a keg of shiner in it. I worked at Pappasitos that summer, drank shiner at my buddy’s place, and went to pub every night for a few more pitchers of Shiner and attempt to have find some relations. Think we put on like 30 lbs between the two of that summer. Memories!

HFrog1999

Summer before senior year my best buddy had a full size kegerator that we made out of an old fridge that always had a keg of shiner in it. I worked at Pappasitos that summer, drank shiner at my buddy’s place, and went to pub every night for a few more pitchers of Shiner and attempt to have find some relations. Think we put on like 30 lbs between the two of that summer. Memories!

tenor.gif

HG73

Kinda reminds me of all those people saying that if "you know who" wins the presidential election, they are moving to Kenya or Bali or somewhere. I get mighty mad at some of the things my school (TCU) occasionally does, but friends, I aint going nowhere. Here's where I'm at.
Or in Obama's case, back to Kenya.
That’s weird. I’ve had relations up around Shiner too.
With women this time?

HG73

Interesting to see if there are going to be any defector schools from the PAC-12/Big 10 conferences for just this year. For example, Nebraska could fire up the communication lines and call the Big 12/SEC conference and individual schools in the Big 12/SEC conferences to arrange play dates. You know, like when your kids go over to another kid's house to play or other kids come over to your house to play with your kids. Schools like Nebraska could take the abandoned non-conference play dates any Big 12/SEC conference school has, thus not messing up the bulk of the in-conference schedule the Big 12 and SEC conferences already have in place. This way, the defector schools get to play at least three - four games this year, some interesting matchups get scheduled, and everybody involved, including TV, benefits.
Easy solution, just take the B1G, PAC, and MW schools that want to play and cobble up a temporary conference. Surely there are 11 or so teams for a 10 game conference only schedule. Winner gets a spot in the four team CFP. Simple, really.