• The KillerFrogs

It's official: Big 10 to postpone, attempt to restart in spring

Wexahu

No, you can't.

Maniac used the word "shameful" to describe this act, and he's 5x5 correct. The very idea that gibbering fear over a disease that, outside particular groups, amounts to little more than a bad cold would cause the entire Nation to grind to a halt, and stay that way for months is crazy. All the while, the goalposts as to reasons why continue to shift around, and not much makes sense anymore. Now they've gone and driven a stake through the heart of College Football, killed it out of sheer cowardice and pant-wetting paralysis. The follow-on effects of their decision may well kill the very institutions that employ them, though not that they give a flip about that. After all, they care. And they want to make sure that they are thought of as people who do. Actually doing their damned jobs comes in a distant third if at all...

I'm especially bitter knowing that (looking at the clock) we have about 78 minutes until the BIGXII solons kill our season, too. Not a damned thing we can do about it. Their betrayal is certain, and all we have to do until then is hope that the cigarette they give us before the firing squad opens up isn't a damned menthol.

The drinking lamp is lit. First round is on me.

It's almost comical to think back when it was going to be 2-3 weeks of sheltering in place so we could "flatten the curve". I was hugely skeptical at the time and that turned out to be about the biggest farce of all time. The can of worms that opened up by everyone being so easily coerced into that bogus scam might never get completely shut.

Hopefully it's a lesson learned but I doubt it will be

CryptoMiner

at least one large school wants to close it down but most either want to defer or play (B12). Its all going to change but if they shut it down now there is no turning back.

MAcFroggy

Of course there isn’t! It makes zero sense

I do not really understand why it can't happen. Yes, the best players will opt out for the draft. However, the names on the side of the helmets will still be there. People will still watch on TV. Play a condensed spring season of 6-10 games and then play a fall season. I know it will be hard on players bodies, but it is not like they don't normally have spring football. If players want to opt out, then let them.

All of this assuming TV partners would even want to have a spring season

HG73

Larry Scott just cost his schools, their communities, the G5 schools that would play the PAC schools and their communities a billion dollars, but I bet that weasel still gets his $5million salary.