• The KillerFrogs

If fall sports are cancelled, I don't see a way back for years.

steelfrog

Tier 1
Look, irrelevant though they may be, you all can have all your opinions about things. The players are only teenagers but they aren't stupid. Steel knows some of them, and has a D1 kid right now. The kids are keenly aware of the money involved in the stadium and the program, and are keenly aware that the fat old dude screaming at them is a multi-millionaire. If you think the players don't want a piece of that pie you are smoking some good gangee.

steelfrog

Tier 1
ESPECIALLY when the old injury bug comes around, which it almost inevitably does. then you go the tension between the fat old multimillionaires risking nothing and the kids risking their future ability to walk, future arthritis, concussions etc.

TCU_91

With this season shut down being a real possibility now.

I am now more curious than ever at our long term (or short term) destination. So the conference rights come up in what 2022? Does this action create a stronger conference/make the pac collapse or create a free for all for all schools not sec or big 10.

If this wasn't so personal it would be fascinating to watch from afar.

HFrog1999

Dennis Dodd’s most recent article is a disaster

037dbf2be08fd02a8e79a484843259d1.gif

LVH

Dennis Dodd’s most recent article is a disaster

What a dumbass. A college kid has a better chance of dying falling off a video recording tower at Notre Dame than he does dying of COVID

A college kid has a better chance of dying of heat exhaustion at practice than COVID

A college kid has a better chance of dying in a car accident on the way to practice than he does COVID

A college kid has a better chance of being hit by lightning at practice than dying of COVID

FinanceFrog

ESPECIALLY when the old injury bug comes around, which it almost inevitably does. then you go the tension between the fat old multimillionaires risking nothing and the kids risking their future ability to walk, future arthritis, concussions etc.

the fat old millionaires are risking a heat stroke walking from the car to the club - you see them drop like flies every home game in september.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
What a dumbass. A college kid has a better chance of dying falling off a video recording tower at Notre Dame than he does dying of COVID

A college kid has a better chance of dying of heat exhaustion at practice than COVID

A college kid has a better chance of dying in a car accident on the way to practice than he does COVID

A college kid has a better chance of being hit by lightning at practice than dying of COVID
Need the pic of Red Foreman...

MAcFroggy

Yes, colleges are worried about kids getting sick, but they are REALLY worried about players getting sick and suing the school.

Players and media complained when players were forced to sign liability waivers, but unless there is congressional liability protection across the board, businesses will have to take these type of risks into account. I am not saying one way or another that liability protection should be included or not included in any potential legislation. I am just saying that it is a current factor that schools and businesses have to take into account.

Bob Sugar

Yes, colleges are worried about kids getting sick, but they are REALLY worried about players getting sick and suing the school.

Players and media complained when players were forced to sign liability waivers, but unless there is congressional liability protection across the board, businesses will have to take these type of risks into account. I am not saying one way or another that liability protection should be included or not included in any potential legislation. I am just saying that it is a current factor that schools and businesses have to take into account.
I am not buying that they are worried about some potential lawsuit. If that's the case, then they should close down during flu season, because some kid could get sick and sue. And during non-flu season, because...you guessed it...some kid could get sick and sue