• The KillerFrogs

2021 Recruiting Thread

asleep003

I don't think it can be prevented but don't you have to sit out 2 years unless the former school agrees to "release" you? I know that's how it used to be for intra-conference transfers but so many of these transfer rules have changed recently.
Baker Mayfield, though he was a walk on, had a hard transfer time fron Kingsbery.

CryptoMiner

CryptoMiner

Seems like an absolute lock it won't be TCU. Not sure we're still even talking to him.

His mom & dad and Coach P definitely talk. Darryl had some very nice replies concerning Patterson and the recent issues.

"As a black father, the context in which this circumstance occurred wouldn't change my opinion of your character coach. Praying for continued success of your Family, and the young student athletes at TCU! I hope you and the young man fully reconcile. Blessings!"

Moose Stuff

His mom & dad and Coach P definitely talk. Darryl had some very nice replies concerning Patterson and the recent issues.

"As a black father, the context in which this circumstance occurred wouldn't change my opinion of your character coach. Praying for continued success of your Family, and the young student athletes at TCU! I hope you and the young man fully reconcile. Blessings!"

That's outstanding.

Froggish

I think we have 1 Safety slot we’d like to fill and the prevailing thought is that would go to Rawls. Especially since Caston isn’t likely to flip from Baylor. Moose is probably right on Lamear but that’s a cool comment from his dad

Last edited:

MinFrog

The OL is a weird one as it seems Baylor and UT were the only ones pursuing and he is super low ranked. Generally those diamonds in the rough are least .84 or so. Kid is .80 or so.

Froggish

The OL is a weird one as it seems Baylor and UT were the only ones pursuing and he is super low ranked. Generally those diamonds in the rough are least .84 or so. Kid is .80 or so.
UT whiffing on almost all there top OL targets. Lot of freaking out by Horn fans. There inability to get elite OL talent is the only real weakness in their classes every year.

Eight

UT whiffing on almost all there top OL targets. Lot of freaking out by Horn fans. There inability to get elite OL talent is the only real weakness in their classes every year.

they signed 8 offensive line kids in their last two classes and had some quality prospects among that group including johnson from oak ridge in 2019, hookfin from dulles in 2019, majors from prosper last year, parr from o'connor, and the ot from scl last year.

this year they got an early pledge from the ot from katy taylor who is really a solid prospect and the only kid they have lost so far is the sheppard kid from the 2019 class and they were lucky to even get him into school based upon his high school.

the area they have struggled is defensive line and they got saved with the two big prospects last year in broughton and collins