• The KillerFrogs

TCU to allow 25% crowd capacity

AroundWorldFrog

Hey, whadya all do about those dumps that come upon you with some degree of urgency, and there's some force behind it such that you know that it's gonna sound like someone violently ripping a wet phone book in half, and a cough isn't gonna cover it up, and the wife or the kids or some random stranger are within earshot. Is the "courtesy flush" the only alternative or is Steel missing something here?
I go in a bathroom. That helps cover the sound.

mesohornedfrog

Wonder if they are going to give season ticket holders who have paid the option to move the payment to 2021 for a real full season. And/or give the option for a pro-rated price in which some $ moves to 2021 and the rest pays for the few games they will be permitted to go to? Etc. Wonder how all that is going to work?

This is where our group of 8 was at. We paid before they announced the capacity restrictions and decided it wasn't really worth it to air high five people four rows back. Ticket office refunded our money and we chose the option to keep our seats for next year, so that should be an option for you if so desired.

LeagueCityFrog

Two points of note...

The early home game is usually a scorcher vs a team we should torch and the attendance is usually low anyways, so big deal if ONLY THE FIRST GAME was announced at 25% capacity.

Second point, if the first game goes well and there aren't too many Covid complaints, there is nothing stopping TCU from 50% capacity by the time Okie State comes to Fort Worth. 50% is in line with Governor Greg Abbott's state Covid decree for live sports.

TCU will be fine.

TCUdirtbag

Two points of note...

The early home game is usually a scorcher vs a team we should torch and the attendance is usually low anyways, so big deal if ONLY THE FIRST GAME was announced at 25% capacity.

Second point, if the first game goes well and there aren't too many Covid complaints, there is nothing stopping TCU from 50% capacity by the time Okie State comes to Fort Worth. 50% is in line with Governor Greg Abbott's state Covid decree for live sports.

TCU will be fine.

TCU won’t expand capacity above what the Texas public schools do. Because lawyers.

Spike

Agree!

This is the one time that Stub Hub and such should be prohibited. I would insist on all tickets come off a TCU ticket office printer, refuse all others.

Agree with the spirit. Not sure how enforceable this is. What if I bring a fan of the other team to the game?

ticketfrog123

Suites are excluded as they fall under the "license agreement" (i.e. private occupied space). I do not know, but imagine Loge Boxes as well.

Club Seats will be a mess. Elevators, etc. Likely no buffets inside, spacing (obviously).

Standard seats... we shall see. Points of sale (concessions) will be impacted, too.

Regardless, we should be grateful for what we have (even if it does not work out). Athletics has worked their ass off on this. This has been challenging for them, their families and of course all of us. We need to cut them some slack.

ive been impressed with the athletic department’s handling of everything. Very cordial while probably getting ripped by the difficult part of the fan base.

Spike

Hey, whadya all do about those dumps that come upon you with some degree of urgency, and there's some force behind it such that you know that it's gonna sound like someone violently ripping a wet phone book in half, and a cough isn't gonna cover it up, and the wife or the kids or some random stranger are within earshot. Is the "courtesy flush" the only alternative or is Steel missing something here?

This is a question for @jugbandxmas

Eight

based upon your continued fascination and posting on a single subject matter i am confident when i say steel is a [ Finebaum ] lawyer

stbrab

Is there a deadline on when we have to make a decision on our season tickets? I renewed mine before the CV hit, and have been waiting to see what would happen. Now that we know its 25% capacity, I'll probably apply the $ to next year's tickets.

4 Oaks Frog

At 25% we can certainly spread out enough. What is that about 12,000 people? I wonder how they are going to divide up the tickets? Surely the students get part of that as well as players parents.

Oh, and anyone who resells their tickets to fans from other schools should have their season tickets revoked for life.
I screamed in agreement with your last sentence!!!!! I go back to the time when 12,000 people would have been considered a fair size crowd. I just hope there is a way to track the resale of tickets to the opposing team’s fan. That is the height off disrespect. It is as loathsome as spitting on the Horned Frog Statue...
GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and fok baylor!!

The Bad Guy

So is this going to be you get to go to 25 percent of the home games? 25 percent of the amount of tickets you have? Do we get a 75 percent refund?

HFrog1999

So, you like to point at fat and old people and people with diabes?

18.gif

DubaiFrog

This is where our group of 8 was at. We paid before they announced the capacity restrictions and decided it wasn't really worth it to air high five people four rows back. Ticket office refunded our money and we chose the option to keep our seats for next year, so that should be an option for you if so desired.

As opposed to a normal season, when you air high five people only 2 rows back.