• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

Chongo94

Pedro injured and looks as if he is going off and Chelsea don’t have any other subs. Gonna be playing with 9 the rest of the way...

Chongo94

It’s over, Arsenal win and are in Europe. Wolves are out...?...unless they go through qualifiers I think...not totally sure?

On the whole, Arsenal deserved it and played well. Ref wasn’t that great.

Yellow cards on Kovacic were bad and unwarranted but it is what it is. Reece James may be a stud. Chelsea appear a completely different team without Pulisic.

Martinez really may be the number 1 and better than Leno. He seems so solid and situationally aware.

Portland Frog

I went ahead and updated the thread title for the 2020-2021 season. Close enough. Obviously there’s still some games remaining in European competitions for this season but the new domestic seasons start in mid September.

general125

And Fulham is going back up! The yo-yo is complete!

This was the first year I really got to watch games in the EFL Championship, and the games were really entertaining. The offenses at the top of the league are pretty dynamic.

Also hated dirty, dirty Leeds are back up too. The prem should be fun next year.

dawg

And Fulham is going back up! The yo-yo is complete!

This was the first year I really got to watch games in the EFL Championship, and the games were really entertaining. The offenses at the top of the league are pretty dynamic.

This. The Championship is a hard slog of a league: 46 matches (not counting FA Cup and League Cup ties) and not the gap between clubs that exists in the PL. Given the recent record of relegated clubs in their first year back in the Championship, Fulham did well to go back up. I do sort of feel for Brentford, though: had to win one of their final two league matches to go up automatically, lost both, and are now 0-9 in the Playoffs. It ain’t easy getting out of the Championship.

Chongo94

This is just embarrassing, sad, and pathetic. The loathing I feel for Kroenke cannot be approximated. It damn near equals that of Waco Rape Institute. scheiss off, Kroenke. Sell the damn club.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...to-invest-in-the-team-impact-covid-19-revenue

Remember, this is the same guy that removed people who had been living on the Waggoner ranch for 30 years or so when he purchased it.

He’s really one of the most worthless human beings on the planet.

Portland Frog

Tomorrow (Saturday) the Champions League returns! It will be interesting to see if any EPL teams can advance. Chelsea will bow out gracefully (or not so lol) to Bayern tomorrow. Question: if you are a fan of any EPL teams, do you root for them against other European teams or no, if they are teams you "hate?" Example: do you root for Man City this weekend, even if you don't like them, because they are in the EPL?

Chongo94

Tomorrow (Saturday) the Champions League returns! It will be interesting to see if any EPL teams can advance. Chelsea will bow out gracefully (or not so lol) to Bayern tomorrow. Question: if you are a fan of any EPL teams, do you root for them against other European teams or no, if they are teams you "hate?" Example: do you root for Man City this weekend, even if you don't like them, because they are in the EPL?

I nearly always root against EPL teams (minus the ones I support, which are never in the CL these days) unless they’re going against Real.

Chongo94

BTW, @Portland Frog, I believe a few games start today so set your dvr if you don’t want to miss them.