• The KillerFrogs

PAC-12 may have more problems than COVID

Eight

dont-Kill-The-Goose-That-Lays-the-Golden-Eggs-1024x575.png

Best thing all Leagues could do is flatly REFUSE all their demands and freeze out all the players who refuse to participate.

Go get whoever on campus wants to play and let the striking players who are hoping for an NFL career watch their careers go POOF !! Gone !! We will see pretty quickly how long the younger players sit out and if they want to destroy their future NFL careers too.

Call their bluff and bite the bullet for a year with walk on players and then watch the arrogant ones beg to come back after getting left behind for a full season (when some of them will discover too late that their decision was a devastatingly bad career choice).

Gonna have to teach some of them a very hard tough life lesson or this nonsense will never stop. Ever hear of "GIVE EM AN INCH AND THEY WILL THEN DEMAND THAT YOU GIVE EM A MILE".

Be a SUCK UP APPEASER (like the world class suck up appeaser HARBOUGH at Michigan) and the demands will get more and more ridiculous and will destroy college football as we know it.

Draw a line in the sand right here and now and this crap will stop dead in its tracks and never return.

SuperBarrFrog

Best thing all Leagues could do is flatly REFUSE all their demands and freeze out all the players who refuse to participate.

Go get whoever on campus wants to play and let the striking players who are hoping for an NFL career watch their careers go POOF !! Gone !! We will see pretty quickly how long the younger players sit out and if they want to destroy their future NFL careers too.

Call their bluff and bite the bullet for a year with walk on players and then watch the arrogant ones beg to come back after getting left behind for a full season (when some of them will discover too late that their decision was a devastatingly bad career choice).

Gonna have to teach some of them a very hard tough life lesson or this nonsense will never stop. Ever hear of "GIVE EM AN INCH AND THEY WILL THEN DEMAND THAT YOU GIVE EM A MILE".

Be a SUCK UP APPEASER (like the world class suck up appeaser HARBOUGH at Michigan) and the demands will get more and more ridiculous and will destroy college football as we know it.

Draw a line in the sand right here and now and this crap will stop dead in its tracks and never return.

If you don’t stomp out peoples’ rights early and often eventually they’ll be wanting to be treated fairly in all sorts of avenues of life.

Last edited:

BABYFACE

Scholarships can go to others that want them. No one is forced to play ball or accept an athletic scholarship. People with agendas twisting and misleading athletes.

Do not understand how playing CFB is more detrimental to black athletes, than white, Latin, or Asian athletes.

One thing that is also forgotten, for some, a college scholarship is way out of a bad situation. Not sure if it was Dwight Smith or it was another recruit that never qualified to get in. But said player didn’t want to leave campus after his official visit. He wanted to stay and not go back home.

Last edited:

JugbandFrog

I agree with the 6 year scholarship through grad school, but before you blame the players for the downfall of CFB, look at the schools first. The things that made CFB unique and fun are slowly being stripped away for $$. Less and less rivalry games, mega conferences, games played to appease TV time slots.

When CFB sold it’s soul for the big $$, then a scholarship seems less like an equal contribution from the host institution.

CFB would have been just fine without all the big $$ TV contracts.

MCFROG III

Scholarships can go to others that want them. No one is forced to play ball or accept an athletic scholarship. People with agendas twisting and misleading athletes.

Do not understand how playing CFB is more detrimental to black athletes, than white, Latin, or Asian athletes.

One thing that is also forgotten, for some, a college scholarship is way out of a bad situation. Not sure if it was Dwight Smith or it was another recruit that never qualified to get in. But said player didn’t want to leave campus after his official visit. He wanted to stay and not go back home.

Dwight's problem(s) were injury related. He had to red-shirt his freshman year due to injury & then something similar the second. Seems one was a knee in practice as he made a cut, untouched, of course. The second time was complicated by having an infant who may, or may not have been in his life the year before, but he dropped out of TCU to try to help out monetarily with him/her. He went back to play for a JC program in East TX somewhere, but not sure if he made it into his second year due to too much happening to keep his mind focused on school, much less football. Unfortunately, he had the tools that could have cemented his name with LT & KD. It hurts to think about what could have been.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
From the extensive works of one Tom Petty...

When Money Became King

If you reach back in your memory
A little bell might ring
'Bout a time that once existed
When money wasn't king
If you stretch your imagination
I'll tell you all a tale
About a time when everything
Wasn't up for sale
There was this cat named Johnny
Who loved to play and sing
When money wasn't king