• The KillerFrogs

Bad Omen: B12 just cancelled our virtual media day

TCUdirtbag

Why is the season being kicked out to late September? Wouldn’t it make more sense to start sooner and operate with wiggle room?
This was my thought too. You could reduce the number of games and give 2 weeks between most or every game. That seems like a better plan than just starting later.

The thinking is there will likely be a new/significant wave on campuses when regular students come back. September 26 is an attempt to start after that wave.

IMO, it makes a lot of sense. Decent chance college campuses are the first to reach herd immunity. If colleges avoid a total shutdown most of the students will probably be past asymptomatic cases of Covid by the end of September. At this point a traditional schedule is totally out the window anyway, so who cares if we keep playing through winter break and into 2021. If played, CFP probably ends up in mid-January (or later).

CountryFrog

The thinking is there will likely be a new/significant wave on campuses when regular students come back. September 26 is an attempt to start after that wave.

IMO, it makes a lot of sense. Decent chance college campuses are the first to reach herd immunity. If colleges avoid a total shutdown most of the students will probably be past asymptomatic cases of Covid by the end of September. At this point a traditional schedule is totally out the window anyway, so who cares if we keep playing through winter break and into 2021. If played, CFP probably ends up in mid-January (or later).
This makes sense too and hopefully it plays out that way. At this point all we really have is a giant guessing game anyway and your guess is as good as mine and as good as these conference commissioners.

HG73

This makes sense too and hopefully it plays out that way. At this point all we really have is a giant guessing game anyway and your guess is as good as mine and as good as these conference commissioners.
Except the commissioners get to decide and we don't.