• The KillerFrogs

SEC to play 10 game conf-only schedule

Casey T

I was looking forward to a Vegas trip but sounds like it might not happen after all, assuming B12 follows the SEC's lead like I've heard might happen

Last edited:

Zubaz

We're the only ones that haven't officially gone to conference only, right? Does that mean it's inevitable, or that the Big 12 will be the only P5 football for the first month of the season?

It’s about to be the best or worst year of BYU’s athletic existence.
I would love to be a fly on the wall @ BYU Athletics.

Talked to my buddies at Hawaii Athletics and there is talk abt canceling the season if the quarantine is not lifted (and it is not expected to be—and if so, done so under strict guidelines for visitors).

stbrab

We're the only ones that haven't officially gone to conference only, right? Does that mean it's inevitable, or that the Big 12 will be the only P5 football for the first month of the season?
No. The ACC announced a 10 +1 format. One OOC game. The issue is several of those were to be against intra state SEC foes, ala Florida/Florida St, Georgia/Georgia Tech.

asleep003

I was looking forward to a Vegas trip but sounds like it might not happen after all, assuming B12 follows the SEC's lead like I've heard might happen
Why do we need to assume that...
Believe some of those other P5 leagues/schools have recently considered earlier dates in September for their conference games.
Aac can play one ooc game if the team is within state I believe.
The ACC's(not AAC) OOC game to be played with in the state... not an in state team.

LeagueCityFrog

My bet is that we play UNLV during week 0 to open the new Raiders stadium.

Play Tennessee Tech at home during week 2.

Dump SMU off our schedule.

Play Okie State a couple weeks later as our conference home opener.

This will give us enough space time wise if the team gets hit one of these first games with Corona Virus to recover before the next game two weeks later per beginning games. Hopefully the first vaccines become available in October as reported last week and we start getting all this China crap behind us.

Also I bet what remaining bowl games there are this winter will only require a pathetic 5 wins to go this year.

Last edited:

Casey T

Why do we need to assume that...

Believe some of those other P5 leagues/schools have recently considered earlier dates in September for their conference games.

The ACC's(not AAC) OOC game to be played with in the state... not an in state team.

Certain people on this board suggested it was likely based on what they’ve heard in the industry. I have no idea if they’re right but it would make sense