• The KillerFrogs

So TCU vs Alabama Talk Not Going Away?

froglash88

Lost a friend last night to COVID. 10 days after testing positive. Really sucks. Healthy and in his 50s. But keep telling yourselves this thing is political.

Bruce Berry

You guys did it to yourself. Don't want to wear a mask or social distance. I guess that is your right, but you will suffer the consequences in one way or another. To all those with this pov, thanks for ruining football, now YOU stay home then.

Who writes your material? You can't think of this [ Finebaum ] yourself.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Lost a friend last night to COVID. 10 days after testing positive. Really sucks. Healthy and in his 50s. But keep telling yourselves this thing is political.
I am sorry to hear that.

It is indeed political. While the virus has it's own strange predilections as to who it is most virulent with, in the vast majority of persons it is either a non-event or a mild cold. In some, it is deadly. Yet, to keep everyone locked up for what is a virus we cannot stop (and no, masks don't help) does no good. It only prolongs the time it takes for the virus to run through the population.

BigPurple87

I am sorry to hear that.

It is indeed political. While the virus has it's own strange predilections as to who it is most virulent with, in the vast majority of persons it is either a non-event or a mild cold. In some, it is deadly. Yet, to keep everyone locked up for what is a virus we cannot stop (and no, masks don't help) does no good. It only prolongs the time it takes for the virus to run through the population.

[ Arschloch]

LVH

UNLV was supposed to open Allegiant Stadium with Cal, who had to cancel. UNLV does not want to give up that game, considering the obstacles they had to clear to be able to play that game at Allegiant instead of Sam Boyd.

LVH

I lost my grandmother to the flu 9 years ago. Why the scheiss did no one wear masks and social distance back in 2011? She could still be alive today. She'd be 94 but still, she died of the flu in 2011 because [ Arschloch]s refused to wear masks and social distance.

LVH

I may be biased since I am local but I dont mind playing UNLV. Especially being the first ever game played at the new stadium. It would have the feeling of a big game to the casual locals around here, especially if they let some fans attend, its not like we would be playing them at Sam Boyd.

06DallasFrog

I lost my grandmother to the flu 9 years ago. Why the scheiss did no one wear masks and social distance back in 2011? She could still be alive today. She'd be 94 but still, she died of the flu in 2011 because [ Arschloch]s refused to wear masks and social distance.

No one at that time was suggesting on an international stage that distancing and masks could save her life... given your position on this, you agree that no one should have done it then as well.

Eight

Did he request a waiver? I guess he would need one since he hadn’t graduated.

that is the word, though i don't know how accurate that word is on his waiver request.

did find this interesting from "peak perspective" which is an sbnation site that covers unlv football

"If Justin Rogers is eligible to play this season, he will play. He is a true dual treat who has a great arm and the quickness to keep defenses honest. With his arm, he has the ability to throw the deep ball, and with some of the receivers UNLV has, it could result in a legitimate passing game that the Rebels have been missing for some time.

Justin Rogers fits the mold on what an ideal quarterback would be in Arroyo’s system. He is 6-foot-4, 240 pounds, with a big arm and the ability to run. And the fact that he is coming from a Power 5 program helps in terms of what type of competition he has faced."

https://www.mwcconnection.com/2020/...plenty-of-options-in-crowded-quarterback-room

the argument always was justin wasn't ready to play because of his inability to run and the one time we saw him in the bowl game he wasn't looking like the player he was in high school in regards to his movement.

one reason i have never completely bought into the sbnation groups of sites