• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU’s scramble for an opponent to replace Cal game includes Alabama and Texas A&M

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU’s scramble for an opponent to replace Cal game includes Alabama and Texas A&M

By Big Steaming Pile

With TCU’s season-opener game against Cal canceled, the school’s athletic director is now pursuing a replacement opponent for Sept. 5 Week 1 slot or possibly even the prior week, Week Zero.

Alabama, BYU, Liberty and Texas A&M are all possibilities, and given the exceptional nature of the year don’t rule out any of these unlikely candidates as potential TCU opponents for a season that proceeds with extreme caution.

TCU athletic director Jeremiah Donati said he’s trying to find a game and, “Everyone who has had or will have a game canceled in the immediate future is [possible] at this point.”

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article244187697.html#storylink=cpy

HToady

If we even get to the point of having a 4 team playoff this year, I hope they factor in the number of games played like they did to screw us that first year...

Big Frog II

I don't think we are going to play Prairie View A&M since they cannot test their players like we will require before playing them. So we may need two games. I would not play Liberty either.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
TCU basically has an opportunity to play any number of teams of their choosing to replace Cal. I really hope we don’t end up playing a team like Liberty. But something tells me that’s exactly what’s going to happen, and that would be extremely disappointing.
If such a thing comes to pass, then heads should roll. When you have a shot at #1, you take it!!!! You don't run away in fear, plead "difficulties" and schedule a pathetic tomato can instead.

Froginbedford

TCU basically has an opportunity to play any number of teams of their choosing to replace Cal. I really hope we don’t end up playing a team like Liberty. But something tells me that’s exactly what’s going to happen, and that would be extremely disappointing.

More disappointing would be to lose to Liberty like Baylor did a couple of years ago....