• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Peacefrog

Degenerate
HASMSP tip for you BBQers out there...Thermapens are on sale this weekend. $59 (regular $79). Quickest and most accurate IR thermometers out there. Honestly don’t know a single serious bbq cook who doesn’t use one. Just thought I’d share. And don’t bother with the more expensive MK4 model unles you really just want purple. I’ve got both and there’s zero difference.
Turns out I have a Thermapen and didn’t know it. Got it as a gift from a client at Christmastime.

I looked it up and was like “hey that’s looks familiar”.

netty2424

HASMSP tip for you BBQers out there...Thermapens are on sale this weekend. $59 (regular $79). Quickest and most accurate IR thermometers out there. Honestly don’t know a single serious bbq cook who doesn’t use one. Just thought I’d share. And don’t bother with the more expensive MK4 model unles you really just want purple. I’ve got both and there’s zero difference.
Thanks, just ordered one.

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon

All purple errything

MTfrog5

edit: for the record...just re-read my post and wanted to clarify. By “IR,” I meant “instant read,” not “Infrared.”
Wife got a pampered chef one after her party she “hosted”. Hopefully it works well.

ftwfrog

Besides the meat thermometer talk, is anyone else pumped about the F1 race in the morning??!

After watching the Formula 1 doc on Netflix, I’m all in!

nwlafrog

edit: for the record...just re-read my post and wanted to clarify. By “IR,” I meant “instant read,” not “Infrared.”

I smoked some Texas brisket, classic spare ribs and did some potatoes that I rubbed with olive oil, salt and pepper.

I made stuffed bbq loaded potatoes and I’m pretty dang proud about it. Tasted like freedom.

1lb spud - 1lb brisket, ribs on the side

nwlafrog

Had to perform the heimlich maneuver on my 4 year old, so that was scary today. He choked on pizza. Glad I was sitting with him because my wife ran away to the neighbors house for help. Not sure why? I am an EMT basic who does not use the trade for his career.... still, I am fully competent in a spur of the moment life saving event. (I can use an AED as well)

My neighbor and wife came running into my house as I was having a stern talk with my son about eating properly and chewing all his food.

scared me to death, but I just don’t think before I do something. Same with how I responded to my SIL who had a seizure a while back.

Just glad to have taken my EMT classes to this point even 10 years after the fact. I would’ve been freaking out with my wife had I not been prepared. They can tell you how to do it and what to do, but unless you go on ride outs and take practicals, it’s a bit different compared to someone who Is trained and will never hesitate to jump in the ring and do whatever they can.

nwlafrog

Wow, hope he at least yelled fire in the hole (despite not dropping it in the hole)

He just lit it and ran. It’s funny now, but in the moment it was a legit “bruh [ What the heck? ] were you thinking” talk. All of us have burns and holes in our clothes... I had my cooperstown Rodriguez jersey on for Christ sake lol. I was pretty butt hurt about that.

froginmn

Also, My neighbor tonight didn’t know to place an artillery shell into the tube. Dude just lit it up on the ground and peppered all of us with shrapnel lol. Hell of a darnin day for me
CandidRealBuzzard-size_restricted.gif

HFrog1999

Had to perform the heimlich maneuver on my 4 year old, so that was scary today. He choked on pizza. Glad I was sitting with him because my wife ran away to the neighbors house for help. Not sure why? I am an EMT basic who does not use the trade for his career.... still, I am fully competent in a spur of the moment life saving event. (I can use an AED as well)

My neighbor and wife came running into my house as I was having a stern talk with my son about eating properly and chewing all his food.

scared me to death, but I just don’t think before I do something. Same with how I responded to my SIL who had a seizure a while back.

Just glad to have taken my EMT classes to this point even 10 years after the fact. I would’ve been freaking out with my wife had I not been prepared. They can tell you how to do it and what to do, but unless you go on ride outs and take practicals, it’s a bit different compared to someone who Is trained and will never hesitate to jump in the ring and do whatever they can.

Glad he’s okay. I had to save my son from choking when he was an infant and again when he was 14. Scary stuff.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
[QUOTE="Frog-in-law1995, post: 2882765, member: 67018]

edit: for the record...just re-read my post and wanted to clarify. By “IR,” I meant “instant read,” not “Infrared.”[/QUOTE]

Good edit, The Machine had labeled you a potential threat to monitor. Now you’re back to regular Joe category.