• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

tcudoc

Cheap Trick is great! They are in the Rock n Roll HOF. I think some unfortunately lump them in with the cheesy hair bands of the 80’s.

Underrated:
Bad Religion
Everyone should do themselves a favor and listen to Cheap Trick's Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band live remake. Remaking a classic album by another band sounds like it would be a horrible idea, but I like it better than the original. They have remade a bunch of Beatles' songs and always do a great job.

JugbandFrog

Everyone should do themselves a favor and listen to Cheap Trick's Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band live remake. Remaking a classic album by another band sounds like it would be a horrible idea, but I like it better than the original. They have remade a bunch of Beatles' songs and always do a great job.
Where can I find the whole remake? I looked on iTunes and on the YouTube and found nothing.

JugbandFrog

I ventured out of HASMSP today. I regret it and ended up using the block feature for the first time and went ahead and blocked five people. It’s pretty terrible out there.
Makes me appreciate the good posters on this forum even more. Most of the good ones are in here regularly.
Here is the problem, it takes a lot of practice to get the kind of patience one needs to not engage with anyone saying something asinine or in extreme contrast to one’s own views.

I, thankfully, had a ton of practice as an educator for 27 years and counting. Whether it is students, parents, teachers, other admin, school board members, etc... mouthing off and pushing your buttons, I have acquired the ability to just let it be.

I do have my opinions, and when it comes to Frog sports, mostly football, cuz I know [ Finebaum ] else about the ins and outs of then other sports other than the fact that I like how our baseball team solved the cheerleader issue, I engage, primarily because this is a place where I can engage, and be a little pissy.

Other than football, I just sit back, and scroll right past all that nonsense.

ftwfrog

PJ doing Cheap Trick. Love this song.

Frog-in-law1995

Underrated: Van Halen with Sammy (might literally be the best all-around rock band of all time, which is insane praise from me considering my profile pic), Gin Blossoms, Doobie Bros.

overrated: All grunge, most pop-punk (looking at you, Green Day), The Doors, Steve Miller. And while I like the Eagles, I won’t say you’re wrong if you put them here.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Underrated: Van Halen with Sammy (might literally be the best all-around rock band of all time, which is insane praise from me considering my profile pic), Gin Blossoms, Doobie Bros.

overrated: All grunge, most pop-punk (looking at you, Green Day), The Doors, Steve Miller. And while I like the Eagles, I won’t say you’re wrong if you put them here.
Why you gotta single out the only truly talented pop punk group when throwing the genre under the bus?

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA

You're right as hell about the Eagles and Steve Miller tho.

ftwfrog

overrated: All grunge, most pop-punk (looking at you, Green Day).
I don’t think we could be friends. lol.

When Covid started my brother, a friend and myself would have a few beers and Zoom over discussing “lists”, because, everyone loves lists. We had a great time until one of us actually had to go back to work and we couldn’t sit with an 12 pack on Zoom on a Tuesday evening.
Topics we covered,
Top 10 All time : bands, songs, movies, comedy movies, sports movies, movie performances. FroginLaw really wouldn’t like my bands list. Very Grunge heavy.

Let’s give it a start so this thread stays at the top of the page. Take your time, think about it.

My top 10 song list (we agreed not to repeat a band):
1. One, Metallica
2. Better Man, Pearl Jam
3. If I Ever Leave this World Alive, Flogging Molly
4. Opiate, Tool
5. Tyler, Toadies
6. Bulls on Parade, Rage Against the Machine
7. Romeo & Juliet, Dire Straits
8. Rockin in the Free World, Neil Young
9. Memory Motel, Rollong Stones
10. Streets Have No Name, u2

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I don’t think we could be friends. lol.

When Covid started my brother, a friend and myself would have a few beers and Zoom over discussing “lists”, because, everyone loves lists. We had a great time until one of us actually had to go back to work and we couldn’t sit with an 12 pack on Zoom on a Tuesday evening.
Topics we covered,
Top 10 All time : bands, songs, movies, comedy movies, sports movies, movie performances. FroginLaw really wouldn’t like my bands list. Very Grunge heavy.

Let’s give it a start so this thread stays at the top of the page. Take your time, think about it.

My top 10 song list (we agreed not to repeat a band):
1. One, Metallica
2. Better Man, Pearl Jam
3. If I Ever Leave this World Alive, Flogging Molly
4. Opiate, Tool
5. Tyler, Toadies
6. Bulls on Parade, Rage Against the Machine
7. Romeo & Juliet, Dire Straits
8. Rockin in the Free World, Neil Young
9. Memory Motel, Rollong Stones
10. Streets Have No Name, u2
To be fair, froginlaw has inhaled too many fumes from his smokers and his opinions should not be trusted. Except for his take on Green Day, Steve Miller and the Eagles. He’s spot on there.