• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU football takes stand on injustice, AD introduces plan to support black athletes

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

LVH

O2jGmzE.jpg

lLuv568.jpg

mlyuiH7.jpg

ORv1KzM.jpg

cpSQpb5.jpg

YaD9zL6.jpg

upkSwoC.jpg

3wTgX5L.jpg

ZpwveP3.jpg

Y7lzy4k.jpg

sdfrog

A lot of young men and women are trapped with no hope. Many of them lack basic tools like education and parental support. Some of them turn to destructive activities to survive. Are there many non-black people in the same position, yes. Are there more black people in that position statistically-speaking, yes. The data shown suggests that is the case.

No one is saying non-black lives don’t matter. The movement is pointing out the hopelessness many black people face. We should listen to them. It doesn’t hurt anyone to show compassion, listen, and demand better solutions.

Or, you can yell about your own problems. Maybe do that next month? Or, at least be more specific.

LVH

A lot of young men and women are trapped with no hope. Many of them lack basic tools like education and parental support. Some of them turn to destructive activities to survive. Are there many non-black people in the same position, yes. Are there more black people in that position statistically-speaking, yes. The data shown suggests that is the case.

No one is saying non-black lives don’t matter. The movement is pointing out the hopelessness many black people face. We should listen to them. It doesn’t hurt anyone to show compassion, listen, and demand better solutions.

Or, you can yell about your own problems. Maybe do that next month? Or, at least be more specific.

Democrats have been promising to "end racism" and lift black people out of poverty for 50+ years.

So black people have monolithically voted democrat for the last 50 years.

Where has that gotten them?

You could argue single party democrat rule cities like Detroit, Baltimore, Philadelphia, etc. have gotten WORSE over that time span.

Yet, they keep voting democrat.

Minneapolis, democrat mayor, all 13 city council members are democrats, democrat attorney general, democrat police chief, democrat governor, 2 democrat senators, 5 democrat representatives. Why have they not delivered?

It's almost like democrats have a vested interest in keeping black people poor and downtrodden, that way the democrats can continue to dangle the carrot. "Vote for me, I can fix it"

sdfrog

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. And, of course, people with no hope listen to those that give them a shimmer of it. I would do the same. This should surprise no one.

What’s done is done. How do you break the cycle? How do you make sure the three year-old today isn’t hopeless in 2030? Intact families, community, education, opportunity, hope. It might just require some changes that we don’t like, but we have to make trade-offs as a society (e.g. less incarceration, more family planning, extensive drug rehabilitation, loosened zoning laws, better daycares, any expansion of schooling choice, etc...). It’s all above my pay grade, but that’s what I hope for and vote for.

Or, we can point out that we are victims too, the opposition is 100% wrong, and call it a day.

It costs nothing to listen and learn. Take the opposite view for one day, you can pick your views back up tomorrow. Worst case, you’ll know where you differ better. Best case, you’ll learn something.