• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU’s Patterson weighs in: ‘Unacceptable that racism of any kind still exists in 2020’

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

TCU’s Patterson weighs in: ‘Unacceptable that racism of any kind still exists in 2020’

By Drew Davison

TCU coach Gary Patterson and his wife Kelsey posted a social media video message on Sunday night, addressing George Floyd’s death and social injustices spurring protests across the country.

“It is unimaginable and unacceptable that racism of any kind still exists in 2020,” Patterson said. “The senseless act of violence that we all witnessed broke our hearts and the hearts of our young men that we’ve been charged with to parent, teach, coach and mentor for so many years. We have to do better. I have to do better. We have to be part of the solution. We must change.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article243148371.html#storylink=cpy

Since I work with video and short messages like this I really did not like how he basically read it line by line, not a good look at all considering how shot it was.
I get you can tell he read it but who cares...so does Trump and Obama, albeit they're better at it than him. It's the words that count. Delivery is a bonus.

Last edited:

DannyAdelante

I love Coach P, but this is just "meh".
I mean, it's better than saying nothing, but it just seemed like a very vague, bland, inoffensive "racism is bad" speech that tries not to ruffle any feathers.
He doesn't mention George Floyd by name. He doesn't mention police brutality. It sounded like a Miss America answer.

I mean, it's better than saying nothing, but it just seemed like a very vague, bland, inoffensive "racism is bad" speech that tries not to ruffle any feathers.
He doesn't mention George Floyd by name. He doesn't mention police brutality. It sounded like a Miss America answer.
Yeah, well unlike a nobody like you, anything GP says can be interpreted in a negative light, so its either stay bland, or piss off half your constituency.

Zubaz

Yeah, well unlike a nobody like you, anything GP says can be interpreted in a negative light, so its either stay bland, or piss off half your constituency.
I thought the video was just fine, but you really think there's a significant portion of the TCU "constituency" that would be pissed off if he went hard against racism? I hope not.

It's not like he's not endorsing *Insert Candidate Here* for President. He's speaking out against something everyone should agree is an injustice.

Eight

so a written statement on the twitter account of a coach mentioning those things is more impactful even though there is a very good chance the said coaches didn't write the statement as opposed to gary actually saying what he said?

who as a tcu fan doesn't know that gary at times is akward, doesn't come across the most polished, and at times lets his feeling impact how he comes across.

sorry he didn't give you his well crafted press release including the key phrases and buzz words of the time. what you got was to me a guy struggling with what is happening

PhillyFrog

Some people engaging in self immolation, or maybe defenestration, would appease at least some of the mob...

AUTODEFENSTRATION - The act of hurling oneself out of a window.

AUTO DEFENESTRATION - The act of hurling a car out of a window; also, triple points in Scrabble.

Philly cannot find the proper word or phrase for the act of hurling into a car whilst throwing it out a window, but I looked for it and am open to suggestions.