• The KillerFrogs

ADJD Says "Probable" that only 50% or 25% for Football

Spike

According to the sophisticated theoretical models I follow, Corona will be 100% gone by football season. Those same models also show us kicking Alabama’s ass, me getting arrested for PI while celebrating the win, and TCU winning the National Championship

source.gif

Ya know if the first one happens, the other 2 have very reasonable probabilities of happening.

Spike

Steel gave his up about 5-6 years ago when we were 2-5 at home and the response of the school was the raise the ticket prices 20%

In other news, Steel has something to sell you and needs you to pay the money to Steel right now. Steel can't guarantee that you will get anything for your money; and if you do get something, it may only be half or even a quarter of what you paid for. And what you end up getting may not be what you want, exactly. And don't worry, if you ask nice, Steel will give you your money back. Later. Probably. And don't worry about Steel's financial condition, even though Steel begs you for money all the time and such.

Have you sent me a paying client lately?

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Steel gave his up about 5-6 years ago when we were 2-5 at home and the response of the school was the raise the ticket prices 20%

In other news, Steel has something to sell you and needs you to pay the money to Steel right now. Steel can't guarantee that you will get anything for your money; and if you do get something, it may only be half or even a quarter of what you paid for. And what you end up getting may not be what you want, exactly. And don't worry, if you ask nice, Steel will give you your money back. Later. Probably. And don't worry about Steel's financial condition, even though Steel begs you for money all the time and such.
A bit disingenuous. They’ve been very clear they aren’t keeping anyone’s money if they want it back. They do need to know who is renewing so they can plan.

Spike

Horrible business decision by the school.

Same year that we went to Memphis and sat on the front row of the UGA side. Good times! Got our pics w/ Superfrog and all.
Still mad that we had a chance to beat Georgia but couldn't make an XP or 2 short FGs. Never understand why a coach who keeps repeating that stupid win by 1 mantra doesn't consistently have a top flight kicker and punter on the roster.

Moose Stuff

Same year that we went to Memphis and sat on the front row of the UGA side. Good times! Got our pics w/ Superfrog and all.
Still mad that we had a chance to beat Georgia but couldn't make an XP or 2 short FGs. Never understand why a coach who keeps repeating that stupid win by 1 mantra doesn't consistently have a top flight kicker and punter on the roster.

Worth noting that with the exception of the year in question we've had an above average to well above average kicker almost every year for 2 decades.

Moose Stuff

According to the sophisticated theoretical models I follow, Corona will be 100% gone by football season. Those same models also show us kicking Alabama’s ass, me getting arrested for PI while celebrating the win, and TCU winning the National Championship

source.gif

You can get arrested for pass interference?

Spike

I just sat on the floor without moving or speaking for like a half hour when that one ended. Ross Evans was actually a pretty solid college kicker outside of that night.

I watched the Bama Utah Sugar Bowl game at my Uncle's House. That whole side of the family is deep Crimson, and Uncle did both Bama and Bama law. He was like who are these unwashed heathens who are making us look like we've never played football. (saw a similar response from 2 otherwise very cordial LSU fans sitting next to me in Omaha a few years ago). Then he asked me if we played Utah this year. I told him we led most of the game and lost by a few points after missing 2 FGs. He was not amused.

I just sat on the floor without moving or speaking for like a half hour when that one ended. Ross Evans was actually a pretty solid college kicker outside of that night.
Here. Relive it.

I will never forget the trembles of that stadium. I felt it was going to collapse.

Last edited:

Big Frog II

We also fell for a fake FG that they ran in for a TD. Back to special team blunders.

Planks

And Baylor 2014 of course.

From the perspective of the immediate the aftermath of the games, I think 2008 Utah and 2009 Boise State were much worse than 2014 Baylor. We all knew how big the stakes were at the time of the Utah and Boise State games. I remember after the Fiesta Bowl thinking TCU had blown our only chance, and that we might never have another chance. At the time we didn’t know TCU would go undefeated again and then be invited to join the Big 12. At the time that game was everything, and we blew it.

On the other hand, at the actual time of the Baylor 2014 loss, that loss wasn’t nearly as bad. Yes it was awful because of the 21 lead, and yes it is always awful losing to Baylor, but none of us knew at the time that it would be our only loss of the entire season. We were coming off a 4-8 season, so undefeated and playoffs weren’t on most of our minds at the time.

However from a retrospective perspective Baylor 2014 is CLEARLY the worst out of the three. It cost us a trip to to the playoffs in a year with an extremely weak playoff line up.

-Oregon was banged up and injured.
-Florida State was NOT a great team despite their record.
-Alabama’s players admitted to not taking OSU seriously due to the QB injuries. They would have taken little old TCU even less seriously.

Plus TCU was peaking at the perfect time at the end of the year that season. TCU was also unbelievably lucky in regards to health in 2014, only 1 starter would have been out for the playoffs (BJ Catalon).

Its hard for me to imagine another season like 2014 where all the stars align for TCU (peaking at season end, being extremely healthy, a weak playoff line up). I’ll never get over not making the playoffs that season.