• The KillerFrogs

2021 Recruiting Thread

asleep003

And the OLine is actually the LEAST developed position on the field for Tcu. Newbies all over the OLine with only one returning starter.
STORMENT wasn’t very good at CSU
MYERS can’t hold onto starting OT
HOLLINS can’t hold onto starting C
BURNETT (freshman) likely OG starter
COKER (freshman) likely OT starter
McMILLON only returning starter

OLine is probably going to be very very poor at beginning of season for first 4-5 games til the newbies (hopefully) figure it out. Even the most ardent Frog supporters admit the OLine will be the weakest part of team by far.

Not sure where BURNETT(soph/not Fr)gets nod to start, with 0 game action.

Not totally empty with experience... plus some potential new surprises...
- Centers -
McMILLON - 2019 in 12 gms 12 starts.
HOLLINS - 2018 in 11 gms 11 starts
AVILA - 2019 in 11 gms at C and G

- Guards -
HARRIS - 2018 in 11 gms 5 starts (injured most 2019)
AVILA - 2019 in 11 games at G and C.

- Tackles -
WHITE - 2019 in 12 gms 3 starts
MYERS - 2019 in 11 gms 4 starts
STORMENT- 2019 in 12 gms 12 starts at CSU (nasty on film)

- Potential -
COKER - 6'7" 310 ... played in 3 gms- RFr.
COLEMAN - 6'6" 320... highly ranked JC - So.
HAYES - 6'5" 292 ...highly ranked 4* -TFr
BARLOW - 6'5 360 ... turned down Auburn/VT for Frogs - TFr

Last edited:
I CORRECTED YOUR POST BELOW (in parenthesis) WITH THE ACTUAL REALITY INSTEAD OF YOUR PIE IN THE SKY VIEWPOINT ON THE OLINE.

MOST ALL THE GUYS YOU LIST (below) WITH PREVIOUS STARTS, WERE BASICALLY FIRED FROM THEIR JOBS AND MOVED ELSEWHERE (Myers from OT to OG back to OT back again to OG and now being tried again at OT) (Hollins from OG to C then demoted to OG and now back to C) (Q White from OG to OT and will be moved back to OG this season) DUE TO ALLOWING TOO MANY SACKS OR BEING UNABLE TO RUN BLOCK. OLINE THIS YR WILL BE FULL OF FRESHMEN CUZ UPPERCLASSMEN AINT CUTTIN IT.

Not sure where BURNETT(soph/not Fr)gets nod to start, with 0 game action.
(Burnett had essentially won one of the starting OG spots last year in Fall Camp before he was injured and out for the year - he is sill one of best 2 OGs on roster even after sitting out a year)

Not totally empty with experience... plus some potential new surprises...
- Centers -
McMILLON - 2019 in 12 gms 12 starts.
(Only returning starter - he is not substandard but he isn’t great either - he is very average - which isn’t bad but also doesn’t merit high level elite praise)

HOLLINS - 2018 in 11 gms 11 starts
(lost his starting spot at C due to lack of development and will be moved to OG this season and he will be 3rd string OG - at this point he is merely going thru motions for his final season)

AVILA - 2019 in 11 gms at C and G
(I look for him to put name in transfer portal after HAYES beats him out for backup C)

- Guards -
HARRIS - 2018 in 11 gms 5 starts (injured most 2019)
(Injury isn’t responding and his ability to ever be a starter is highly questionable)

AVILA - 2019 in 11 games at G and C.

- Tackles -
WHITE - 2019 in 12 gms 3 starts
(White is not an OT and will be moved back to OG where he will compete with Burnette Brown and Barlow for one of the 2 starting spots)

MYERS - 2019 in 11 gms 4 starts
(has been extremely inconsistent at OT and he had to be demoted to OG due to allowing too many sacks at OT last season. He is back at OT for this season simply because there is nobody else adequate but he may have to be demoted again back to OG if his early season performance is bad or if Coleman beats him out in Fall camp which is likely)

STORMENT- 2019 in 12 gms 12 starts at CSU (nasty on film)
(He graded out poorly in 8 of 12 games last year for a very low level G5 team - he was brought in as an emergency one year backup insurance policy - not brought in to start)

- Potential -
COKER - 6'7" 310 ... played in 3 gms- RFr.
(Will be starter at one OT spot and his potential is excellent but as a freshman he will struggle hugely for first 4-6 games of season)

COLEMAN - 6'6" 320... highly ranked JC - So.
(The other OT spot opposite Coker is Coleman’s to lose - coaches want him to beat out the very inconsistent Myers and the very substandard Storment)

HAYES - 6'5" 292 ...highly ranked 4* -TFr
(coaches have stated he is likely to move to C and he will be 2nd string C and take over for McMillon when he graduates)

BARLOW - 6'5 360 ... turned down Auburn/VT for Frogs -
(Is leading candidate for one of starting OG spots)

FrogCop19

Its so funny to hear you guys say that, because I must have them BOTH on ignore...which is odd, because I think I only have three people on ignore.

asleep003

Wow Wyoming ... sorry you were so offended. None the less, starts are starts.

It was hard for these kids to get 2019 starts, from a team that just graduated 4 Seniors with 12 - 32 starts each .. weighing in between 311 - 328 lbs.
There were lots of movement last year due to injury or other....
Give these kids a little break ... some comments unnecessary if not demeaning.

Your zealous reply doesn't support your Burnette's pick to start, by your own analysis. Plus some of your examples, have never heard of ... and consider self fairly on, with what's happening over there. Again, still 34 starts/experience to start with and the more of them that do get beat out, then maybe the better the team will be improved.

Last edited:
Surely you realize the complete and utter folly of your post ?

OKLAHOMA would dearly LOVE Tcu to throw JACKSON out there on the field against them. JACKSON as you certainly know (or should know) is a bust as a DE and LB at OU. He was 3rd string last season at OU and with the talent OU has coming in this year he was projected by OU coaches to be 4th string for his final year which is why he left.

I’m sure OU would be thrilled to see one of their 4rh stringers playing against them.

OU tried to get JACKSON going as a sophomore and threw him out there in all 13 games but the experiment did not work and he never developed so they benched him. Due to injuries he played the first half of season and then when 1st and 2nd stringers healed up, he was benched for second half of season in his junior year.

In his senior year (last year) he was 3rd string and only played in 4 games so he redshirted and he gets to play his senior year again (at Tcu).

The way I look at it is if JACKSON is on the field for TCU then to me that means every one of Tcu’s DE and LB are no better than the 4th stringers at OU.

Anyone here who believes JACKSON is some kind of “hidden gem” superstar is also a person who still believes in the Tooth Fairy.

Same with STORMENT on the OLine.

There is a great reason their former schools didn’t want them anymore (and the players knew that - or were told that in JACKSONS CASE - and they left)

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Surely you realize the complete and utter folly of your post ?

OKLAHOMA would dearly LOVE Tcu to throw JACKSON out there on the field against them. JACKSON as you certainly know (or should know) is a bust as a DE and LB at OU. He was 3rd string last season at OU and with the talent OU has coming in this year he was projected by OU coaches to be 4th string for his final year which is why he left.

I’m sure OU would be thrilled to see one of their 4rh stringers playing against them.

OU tried to get JACKSON going as a sophomore and threw him out there in all 13 games but the experiment did not work and he never developed so they benched him. Due to injuries he played the first half of season and then when 1st and 2nd stringers healed up, he was benched for second half of season in his junior year.

In his senior year (last year) he was 3rd string and only played in 4 games so he redshirted and he gets to play his senior year again (at Tcu).

The way I look at it is if JACKSON is on the field for TCU then to me that means every one of Tcu’s DE and LB are no better than the 4th stringers at OU.

Anyone here who believes JACKSON is some kind of “hidden gem” superstar is also a person who still believes in the Tooth Fairy.

Same with STORMENT on the OLine.

There is a great reason their former schools didn’t want them anymore (and the players knew that - or were told that in JACKSONS CASE - and they left)
Did you know that in modern stylistic conventions it isn’t required to capitalize all the letters in a person’s name? Just the first letter will suffice. We will still understand who you are discussing.