• The KillerFrogs

2021 Recruiting Thread

CryptoMiner

Not offered yet anyway but Landen King TE at Atascocita has decommitted from UT. At one time appeared to be very solid for the horns and not sure what happened. Auburn seems to be the early leader now but TCU staff still trying and hopefully offer soon.

Cam Newton's brother is transferring to Auburn FWIW.

Eight

frogs were headed into the season with 5 running backs on the roster, 4 were freshmen with two true freshmen.

based upon that depth chart would anyone think the frogs needed another running back for this year?

Froggish

Only 14 returning for 2021 and of those only 4 are pure OTs though they have 4 listed as swing players (OL). They need 1 OT and one C.

Just in general discussions the position for Tyler Guyton seems to be open to multiple options including DE, DT or OT. At 6-6/275 last season he played primarily DT at Manor but has experience on the OL as well. His arm length is ideal for either DE or OT.

I feel like they will try Guyton at OL first and see if he add some strength and pick up the technique. Traditional OT seems to be a hard sale right now with the recruiting. I personally think we need 3 in this class 2Hs and a JUCO. At the end of the day OL is the most “developed” position on the field so I suppose a lot of volume is necessary.

CryptoMiner

frogs were headed into the season with 5 running backs on the roster, 4 were freshmen with two true freshmen.

based upon that depth chart would anyone think the frogs needed another running back for this year?

Not unless it is a slot back/receiver type with very good speed and can also fill a returner slot. They were looking a some kid in Colorado but don't think he will get an offer.

Right now they have 10 slots open and 4 are committed. I am sure that will change but really that position is very low in need.

Froggish

Not unless it is a slot back/receiver type with very good speed and can also fill a returner slot. They were looking a some kid in Colorado but don't think he will get an offer.

Right now they have 10 slots open and 4 are committed. I am sure that will change but really that position is very low in need.

I know the staff reached out Jaeden Gill the Ohio St transfer who would have been perfect as scat/slot but he decided to go to BC

Eight

uh....frogs already took a third running back in the 2020 class. gives them a very crowded depth chart, but when you have a chance at an elite prospect they went for it

Guyton is an OL all the way. He can’t play DE at 290 lbs (what he weighs now) he isn’t quick enough to play DE, even if he dropped 20 lbs he still isn’t quick enough for DE. It’s OL or nothin for Guyton.

And the OLine is actually the LEAST developed position on the field for Tcu. Newbies all over the OLine with only one returning starter.

STORMENT wasn’t very good at CSU
MYERS can’t hold onto starting OT
HOLLINS can’t hold onto starting C
BURNETT (freshman) likely OG starter
COKER (freshman) likely OT starter
McMILLON only returning starter

OLine is probably going to be very very poor at beginning of season for first 4-5 games til the newbies (hopefully) figure it out. Even the most ardent Frog supporters admit the OLine will be the weakest part of team by far.

Moose Stuff

Guyton is an OL all the way. He can’t play DE at 290 lbs (what he weighs now) he isn’t quick enough to play DE, even if he dropped 20 lbs he still isn’t quick enough for DE. It’s OL or nothin for Guyton.

And the OLine is actually the LEAST developed position on the field for Tcu. Newbies all over the OLine with only one returning starter.

OLine is probably going to be very very poor at beginning of season for first 4-5 games til the newbies (hopefully) figure it out. Even the most ardent Frog supporters admit the OLine will be the weakest part of team by far.

Such a bad bit.

CountryFrog

Oh scheissing scheiss scheiss scheiss scheiss!!!

I am sure you are a wonderful youngster and a very sweet guy but this is about as uniformed of a postcas you will ever see on this board. Just flat out ridiculous.

DE
ARMSTRONG - isn’t cutting it (as per CGP)
BARQUET - coaches still unsure if DE or DT
COLEMAN - undersized short freshman
HORTON - unavailable this yr
ELLISON - coming off serious injury
MATHIS - going to be good but not there yet
BOWEN - still shoulder injury probably done
WORKMAN - marginal player who’s not really not good enough to start at P5 level but he does play when there are injuries

committed:
MURRAY - very low rated DE

Tcu needs 2 great superstar DEs in this class and personally I don’t count MURRAY in that category.

Also CB should a HUGE concern !!
COLLINS got switched to safety from CB and that makes CB really thin now !!

FIELD CB
K/STEWART - will be good but not there yet
Cesar - has never started at CB
Daniel - constantly injured

BORDER CB
TOMLINSON - will be good but not there yet
Wallace - not a good CB probably back to S
K/Jenkins - 4 star recruit but tiny at 155 lbs

The DE position appears to be full for 2021:

Returning (6)
Armstrong
Barquet
Coleman
Elison
Horton
Mathis

Committed (1)
Murray

I know some can slide to other positions but with the class size for 2021 being very limited it is tough to see them overload too much at one position. Good news is at least number-wise other than TE (Need 2) and QB (Need 1 and they have 2 commits) the positions are really well stocked depth-wise (you can argue talent...). So there is some wiggle room and I know the want to use some of that on beefing up the OL, DBs and WRs, maybe a very good DT. So what is left? Another DE would be nice but it may come down to a numbers game and unknown transitions.

texas_sicilian

I am sure you are a wonderful youngster and a very sweet guy but this is about as uniformed of a postcas you will ever see on this board. Just flat out ridiculous.

DE
ARMSTRONG - isn’t cutting it (as per CGP)
BARQUET - coaches still unsure if DE or DT
COLEMAN - undersized short freshman
HORTON - unavailable this yr
ELLISON - coming off serious injury
MATHIS - going to be good but not there yet
BOWEN - still shoulder injury probably done
WORKMAN - marginal player who’s not really not good enough to start at P5 level but he does play when there are injuries

committed:
MURRAY - very low rated DE

Tcu needs 2 great superstar DEs in this class and personally I don’t count MURRAY in that category.

Also CB should a HUGE concern !!
COLLINS got switched to safety from CB and that makes CB really thin now !!

FIELD CB
K/STEWART - will be good but not there yet
Cesar - has never started at CB
Daniel - constantly injured

BORDER CB
TOMLINSON - will be good but not there yet
Wallace - not a good CB probably back to S
K/Jenkins - 4 star recruit but tiny at 155 lbs
Welp, might as well forfeit the season then.