• The KillerFrogs

Less Football Injuries in 2020?

JugbandFrog

It seems as if we have had a disproportionate number of injuries over the last years, and some attribute this to our overemphasis on high max strength.

I am interested to see what kind of conditioning program the Frogs see when they return, and if the lack of a hardcore weight program for several months does for our injury situation.

Horny4TCU

I just hope they all aren't sitting on the couch eating doritos, while this covid stuff is going on. If they are, 4th quarter is going to suck every game.

Planks

I think 2019 was a relatively healthy season for TCU from an injury standpoint. Niang, Gaines, Thomas, and Barkley were the only notable injuries I can remember. It’s been much worse in prior years.

Wexahu

I think 2019 was a relatively healthy season for TCU from an injury standpoint. Niang, Gaines, Thomas, and Barkley were the only notable injuries I can remember. It’s been much worse in prior years.

We've been hard hit a couple years in recent history, but other teams have injury issues too. It's just a lot easier to forget about or discount those. I'd take last year's injury issues as the every year norm if it was possible.

TRF51

I would anticipate there being more injuries this year for everyone without a typical off season. You can do all the cardio and lift all the weights you want but that does not make you in football shape.

Froggish

I'm sure there are some lazy players that are sitting around more than normal but I also see a lot of player workout videos posted on social media. I know Fitch posts a lot D-Line videos of his guys getting work in. By all accounts, the coaches are talking daily to the players and they are all on individual programs based on what equipment they have access to.

HFrog1999

Everyone’s gonna be in Billy Bob shape

tenor.gif

Limp Lizard

It has always seemed to me that it was not too much weight work, just too much work on those young bodies, period. A typical season would see us come into the first games all beat-up and fatigued from the Summer workouts and the August practices. Then we would start getting people back by game 6 or 7 and finish up the season strong. The weight work actually seemed to be a positive come November and the bowl game.