• The KillerFrogs

Poll: TCU Football Season Ticket Renewals

Will you be renewing your season tickets for the 2020 season?

• Yes, but only some of them.

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Yes, all of them.

Votes: 90 71.4%
  • No, but reason is completely unrelated to Covid-19.

Votes: 18 14.3%
  • No, and my reason is Covid-19 related.

Votes: 7 5.6%

• Total voters

tcumaniac

Not sure how accurately killerfrogs represents the entire fan base, but after initial polling results, things are looking favorable for TCU athletics... not as much so for my upgrade opportunities.

With that said, back to back bad seasons, covid 19, and new east side club owners potentially releasing more seats makes me think this will be a relatively good upgrade year.

Zubaz

Not sure how accurately killerfrogs represents the entire fan base, but after initial polling results, things are looking favorable for TCU athletics... not as much so for my upgrade opportunities.

With that said, back to back bad seasons, covid 19, and new east side club owners potentially releasing more seats makes me think this will be a relatively good upgrade year.
Leave all dropped seats vacant. Social distancing. Problem solved.

Pharm Frog

I highly doubt KFC is anywhere near a representative sample

HToady

i renewed all 8 again because we have OU and Tech at home which bring the most interest. If I end up leaving tickets on the counter this year, like last, then I'm cutting back.

Smitty

My guess is the fans who regularly check this message board are likely more loyal than your average fan and therefore the general season ticket base might end up renewing at a rate a bit below what these poll results show.

Very good idea though and certainly serves as a good proxy. Glad to see #s are so high.

Salfrog

Tier 1
Question, a buddy of mine was wondering when the leftover seating that didn't get picked up by the season ticket holders would be realeased? He was thinking this might be a good time to finally get season tickets with the uncertainty of fans being allowed at games. He just needs 2 seats.

Dogfrog

Question, a buddy of mine was wondering when the leftover seating that didn't get picked up by the season ticket holders would be realeased? He was thinking this might be a good time to finally get season tickets with the uncertainty of fans being allowed at games. He just needs 2 seats.

new season ticket sales should come shortly after upgrade process.

tcumaniac

Traditionally these become available immediately after the upgrade process is completed, so probably end of June or start of July.

Send him this link (2020 Season Tickets Interest Form):

https://gofrogs.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS:TCU:FB20:WL:&linkID=tcu&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=FBS&cgc=&dataAccId=445&locale=en_US&siteId=ev_tcu

Dogfrog

Theoretically if the season was cancelled or no fans in stands: In order to maintain some revenue, what kind of one time offer of value could TCU make to fans in return for making the payment, instead of just making it a contribution and receiving priority points, which is pretty worthless.

tcumaniac

Theoretically if the season was cancelled or no fans in stands: In order to maintain some revenue, what kind of one time offer of value could TCU make to fans in return for making the payment, instead of just making it a contribution and receiving priority points, which is pretty worthless.
Nothing comes to mind outside of possibly allowing the contribution to be worth double the normal value of priority points.

Typically, a donation is worth 2 points per $100.

Say you have 4 season tickets worth $375 each plus a parking pass for $2,000.

If the season is cancelled, you have the option to:
1. Get a refund on everything
2. Apply the cost as a credit for the 2021 season (not very enticing unless you maybe needed the cost of the tickets to meet a new credit card spending bonus or some other unusual reason). This also doesn't make a huge difference to TCU in the long run, because they'll be missing out on the revenue for the 2021 season.
3. Apply the cost of your tickets as a donation to the Frog Club for priority points (which is obviously what TCU would prefer people to do)

As the policy stands now, there's not a lot of incentive to apply the cost of your tickets as a donation, because it simply gives you the amount of priority points you would have received making any other one off donation.

But if TCU were to say: If you choose to apply the cost of tickets and parking as a Frog Club donation, you will receive double the usual amount of PPs (4 points instead of 2 points for every $100), there's suddenly a lot more incentive for season ticket holders to consider donating the cost of their tickets.

With the scenario listed above, the 4 tickets plus the parking pass would total $3,500 and be worth 70 priority points if you chose to donate that cost under the current policy. Double the value of the priority points you'd receive to 140, and you may be much more motivated to waive your option of receiving a refund and let TCU have your money as a donation instead.

But this only incentivizes those still looking to improve their seat location. If you're happy with your current seats, priority points, as you said, are pretty meaningless.

Last edited:

Dogfrog

Nothing comes to mind outside of possibly allowing the contribution to be worth double the normal value of priority points.

Typically, a donation is worth 2 points per $100.

Say you have 4 season tickets worth $375 each plus a parking pass for $2,000.

If the season is cancelled, you have the option to:
1. Get a refund on everything
2. Apply the cost as a credit for the 2021 season (not very enticing unless you maybe needed the cost of the tickets to meet a new credit card spending bonus or some other unusual reason). This also doesn't make a huge difference to TCU in the long run, because they'll be missing out on the revenue for the 2021 season.
3. Apply the cost of your tickets as a donation to the Frog Club for priority points (which is obviously what TCU would prefer people to do)

As the policy stands now, there's not a lot of incentive to apply the cost of your tickets as a donation, because it simply gives you the amount of priority points you would have received making any other one off donation.

But if TCU were to say: If you choose to apply the cost of tickets and parking as a Frog Club donation, you will receive 4 points for every $100, there's suddenly a lot more incentive for season ticket holders to consider donating the cost of their tickets.

With the scenario listed above, the 4 tickets plus the parking pass would total $3,500 and be worth 70 priority points if you chose to donate that cost under the current policy. Double the value of the priority points to 140, and I am much more motivated to waive my option of receiving a refund and let TCU have my money as a donation instead.

But this only incentivizes those still looking to improve their seat location. If you're happy with your current seats, priority points, as you said, are pretty meaningless.

You are at an age where this makes sense. For us olds, accumulating priority points is less valuable. I would like to see TCU maintain some revenue, just can’t come up with any future seat upgrade offers or even non-football upgrades or offers that would make sense.

Last edited: