• The KillerFrogs

2020 MLB Thread

FBallFan123

Exactly my point. The ownership's "smoking gun" is an internal email saying that they talked with the MLBPA counsel and believe they have the same understanding. We do not have any sort of email or documentation from MLPBA confirming that understanding or that they are in agreement with the MLB's interpretation.

Either way, I am not super hopeful for an MLB season. However, I do not think I would really blame the players or the owners. I would just characterize it as a business deal not being able to reach a compromise. It sucks, but it happens. I think the rest of the public will be on the owners side because that is how these things go, but It is what it is.

Yes, we can’t take an MLB SVP’s email at face value and don’t know if a former MLB lead negotiator is accurate and truthful when he says:

“I personally reviewed all of the documents and the bargaining notes from the dispute over the provision about renegotiating salaries and they are just clear that it does not state what Scott Boras and Tony Clark have said.”.

However, I don’t trust anything Scott Boras says and I think Tony Clark is inept.

LVH

Bregman is a [ hundin] and has always been a [ hundin]. He was a [ hundin] against us in the CWS.

I hope his stats plummet now that he can't cheat anymore. He isn't that good

FBallFan123

I find this approach by Topps pretty interesting.

Some of these designs are good, but there’s some hits and some misses.

That Rivera card was terrible to begin with but this is quite bad...

FBallFan123

I would prefer the NL not adopt the DH but I do feel like it’s getting closer to happening.

Nightengale May be right...

—The players, knowing it will prolong careers and inflate checking accounts, are advocating for it. Most general managers, fearful of their prized pitchers getting hurt at the plate or on the basepaths, are in favor. Many fans, wanting as much offense as possible, are craving it.

—The ultimate decision will come next year during the collective bargaining agreement negotiations for the 2022 season and beyond. There needs to be 75% approval of all owners to make the call, with half of the owners, of course, residing in the National League.