• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU coaches, AD reduce salaries amid coronavirus pandemic

DubaiFrog

Seriously? Please show us an example of someone bitching about an 8% 401k match. I only wish I had 8% free money.

2 professors specifically from the Communications department have tweets that are still up, i'm not going to out them but should be pretty easy to search. One was mad at the article Drew wrote about the coaches taking voluntary pay cuts and quote tweeted the main Star telegram account

Another tweeted directly at the main @TCU account, complaining about how a lack of merit raises and retirement benefit cuts TCU is paying him $XXXX less this year. Bold move to go directly at your employer online.

Again, situation sucks for everyone. My company sent us an email last week saying they are suspending merit raises this year as well in an attempt to avoid layoffs and furloughs. I'm not happy about it, but I appreciate the honestly and understand how the decision was made. However I could only imagine the conversations that would be had with my manager if i tweeted complaints to the world instead of coming to them direct.

Eight

2 professors specifically from the Communications department have tweets that are still up, i'm not going to out them but should be pretty easy to search. One was mad at the article Drew wrote about the coaches taking voluntary pay cuts and quote tweeted the main Star telegram account

Another tweeted directly at the main @TCU account, complaining about how a lack of merit raises and retirement benefit cuts TCU is paying him $XXXX less this year. Bold move to go directly at your employer online.

Again, situation sucks for everyone. My company sent us an email last week saying they are suspending merit raises this year as well in an attempt to avoid layoffs and furloughs. I'm not happy about it, but I appreciate the honestly and understand how the decision was made. However I could only imagine the conversations that would be had with my manager if i tweeted complaints to the world instead of coming to them direct.

they are free to leave.......

tcumaniac

DubaiFrog

ah yes...she is the person behind this action

https://www.keranews.org/post/fort-worth-board-votes-remove-member-inflammatory-social-media-posts

and yet did not want her lectures publicly broadcast, but doesn't have the good sense to avoid this topic

"Emily Farris, the TCU professor, also praised the decision, but says she thinks the episode shows a city council detached from the board’s anti-bias work and mission.

“I still have concerns about how much the council knows about what’s going on on the HRC and how much they care about these issues,” she said. “I’d like to see the council take a closer look and see what are the ways that they can empower the Human Relations Commission and make sure the right people are on these boards and commissions in the future.”"

ahh the old "free speech for me, but not for thee" line of thinking. Better make sure everyone falls in line or else get them out of there, hope this never comes back to bite her...

Eight

I thought her name seemed familiar. She’ll be gone soon, I suspect. Employers don’t need that kind of garbage to deal with.

worked for multiple companies that monitored employees facebook, linkedin, twitter etc....one big reason i don't have any of that and haven't for quite some time

Eight

"Emily Farris, the TCU professor, also praised the decision, but says she thinks the episode shows a city council detached from the board’s anti-bias work and mission.

“I still have concerns about how much the council knows about what’s going on on the HRC and how much they care about these issues,” she said. “I’d like to see the council take a closer look and see what are the ways that they can empower the Human Relations Commission and make sure the right people are on these boards and commissions in the future.”"

ahh the old "free speech for me, but not for thee" line of thinking. Better make sure everyone falls in line or else get them out of there, hope this never comes back to bite her...

similar to making comments about the fiscal decisions of an employer she very well knows won't publicly discuss their finances

HFrog1999

My income went down about $20,000 per year

BCGrNIRdmx56Br8Ip-04Sp1Kg6vizsTXY4_AU8pKiqgHnVovW0ADQ6KfEcZJ4Fx7MJr-IJXu

Fosterpark Squatter

Looking on other university web sites, I see that many are anticipating decline in enrollment this fall at 25%. Word is that if we had that big a decline in enrollment, it would cost the University more than $75 million. That's a lot of $$ to make up for.
Higher acceptance rate may help avoid that.

Last edited:

4th. down

Good luck finding a side hustle Emily. My side business went from selling millions a month to ZERO in 3 weeks flat. But hey, you can leave your Ivory tower and work at a local Community College like me if you don’t like your current employer.

It will get a little worse for a short period of time but then probably return to normal, at least that was the consensus yesterday with a outing with the "good ole boys" who have been very financially successful. Case in point, one of my boys is a const. supt. for a construction company that does contract work with the city of Houston. Beginning June 1st., 25% salary cut and 90 days later another 25%. TCU profs, quit bitching.