• The KillerFrogs

What are you watching since COVID19 shut down live sports?

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Watched a fine Tom Petty show from 2014 last night. Mrs. Brewingfrog got out the tambourine, and I plugged in the trusty Rickenbacker. A fine time was had by all. Well, except the poor dog who went and hid in the office...

Frog-in-law1995

It’s been mentioned several times in here, but we started Bosch a few days ago. Amazon Prime original series. It’s the guy that played the IRA boss in SoA and the smoke monster guy in Lost, now playing an LA homicide detective from the Michael Connelly books (incidentally, his character is the half brother of the character played by Matthew Mcconaughey in The Lincoln Lawyer). Might be the best cop drama I’ve ever seen.

Ron Swanson

It’s been mentioned several times in here, but we started Bosch a few days ago. Amazon Prime original series. It’s the guy that played the IRA boss in SoA and the smoke monster guy in Lost, now playing an LA homicide detective from the Michael Connelly books (incidentally, his character is the half brother of the character played by Matthew Mcconaughey in The Lincoln Lawyer). Might be the best cop drama I’ve ever seen.
And speaking of cop dramas, Bosch’s partner is “Marlo Stanfield” from The Wire.

I’m not sure if you’ve seen The Wire yet, but I would say it’s definitely better than Bosch (assuming you file it in the cop drama category). I’m rewatching it right now. I watched it back in the mid 2000’s and loved it then, but there’s so much I didn’t remember, it’s basically like watching it for the first time.

Bosch is great but not on the same level.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
If you're into the Audible thing, the same actor that plays Bosch also reads the Michael Connelly books. Amazon has had him go back and re-do some of the older books that were already done.

Frog-in-law1995

I’m not sure if you’ve seen The Wire yet, but I would say it’s definitely better than Bosch (assuming you file it in the cop drama category). I’m rewatching it right now. I watched it back in the mid 2000’s and loved it then, but there’s so much I didn’t remember, it’s basically like watching it for the first time.

I’ve tried twice to get into the Wire and couldn’t do it. Everybody says it’s great. Not sure what’s wrong with me.

JugbandFrog

McNulty is one of the greatest TV characters of all time, and this one of my favorite TV scenes of all time.

PurpleBlood87

My goto Audible series is "Destroyermen".
It is alternate history about an old World War I destroyer, the USS Walker, that is fighting in the Battle of the Java Sea early in World War II and is transported to an alternate Earth.

This Earth is relatively the same geographically as the one they left, but evolution took a different turn eons ago.

tetonfrog

Watched Texas Rising on Starz and enjoyed it. Bill Paxton is great as Sam Houston and so was Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Deaf Smith. For some reason, it got me binging on westerns.

Followed that with Tombstone and have watched more of the classics like Josey Wales, Good, Bad and thew Ugly. Just watched a couple of Charles Bronson westerns like Once Upon a Time in the West and Breakheart Pass.

Good stuff.

Wish they made more of them today.