• The KillerFrogs

POLL: Do you want TCU to play Bama in season opener?

Do you want TCU to play Bama in season opener?

• Yes

Votes: 156 84.3%
  • No

Votes: 22 11.9%
  • Unsure

Votes: 7 3.8%

• Total voters

froginmn

My point exactly. We are not in the WAC anymore. We don't need to schedule Alabama, Ohio State and Nazi Germany OOC any more. We already play Oklahoma, Texas, and most of our long time rivals in conference. If we win this conference we are normally in the playoff no matter who we play OOC.
My opinion is that this is a good trade. We're giving up a solid P5 matchup in Cal and trading for the top P5 team in the country. We're not trading Grambling for Alabama. This is an opportunity to be seen nationwide during a season when people are starved for football or any sports.

And we've played tOSU and LSU in recent years so it's not out of character.

If we get stomped, it's because it's Alabama. If we play them tough (like we did tOSU in one of Shawn Robinson's first games), we'll look good. And if we win it would be huge.

But I have to think that a lot of recruits would be impressed by the exposure and by the seeds we have to play this game. And Aggy plays them tough. Don't we all think that we're at least as good as Aggy?

Peacefrog

Degenerate
My opinion is that this is a good trade. We're giving up a solid P5 matchup in Cal and trading for the top P5 team in the country. We're not trading Grambling for Alabama. This is an opportunity to be seen nationwide during a season when people are starved for football or any sports.

And we've played tOSU and LSU in recent years so it's not out of character.

If we get stomped, it's because it's Alabama. If we play them tough (like we did tOSU in one of Shawn Robinson's first games), we'll look good. And if we win it would be huge.

But I have to think that a lot of recruits would be impressed by the exposure and by the seeds we have to play this game. And Aggy plays them tough. Don't we all think that we're at least as good as Aggy?
Apparently quite a few people don’t think we are at least as good as aggy.

LisaLT

Dumb question but are we even sure there will be a season played this year? Has it been confirmed? I’ll be thrilled no matter who we play so long as we play.

And yes, we should jump at the chance to play Alabama. I think the players would be excited by that opportunity. I also like that it is the first game of the season. We’ve done fairly well against top tier teams as openers. We should’ve beat Ohio State less some DUMB mistakes/bad calls.

I noticed Wyoming conveniently did not mention our top 2 rated safety’s in the nation, who will get at least 1 INT each I predict. :)

HG73

I’m tired of this conversation. You go on being scared to play the best. I’m going to do it a different way.

Quick question: do you wear a mask when driving alone in your car?
Not scared to play anybody. Anytime. Anywhere. Just think it's not smart to play them this year in the season opener.

Kind of like Japan and Pearl Harbor. Looking back on it, they might want to reconsider.

Yes, I do wear a mask driving alone. It keeps me from touching my face. After all the ridiculous crap I have done, if I die because I picked my nose.....I'm going to be seriously pissed.

thefrogking

This conversation reminds me of when Tommy Tuberville was coaching Texas Tech and said something along the lines of, “ I don’t think we are ready to play a team like TCU”. I thought I could find it on the internet but could not. We teased Tech fans about that so now is the time to not be like Tech and be willing to play anyone anywhere regardless of the outcome.
As long as we have Gary Patterson we’ve got a chance.

froginmn

Not scared to play anybody. Anytime. Anywhere. Just think it's not smart to play them this year in the season opener.

Kind of like Japan and Pearl Harbor. Looking back on it, they might want to reconsider.

Yes, I do wear a mask driving alone. It keeps me from touching my face. After all the ridiculous crap I have done, if I die because I picked my nose.....I'm going to be seriously pissed.
Japan kicked the [ Finebaum ] out of us at Pearl Harbor.

froginmn

This conversation reminds me of when Tommy Tuberville was coaching Texas Tech and said something along the lines of, “ I don’t think we are ready to play a team like TCU”. I thought I could find it on the internet but could not. We teased Tech fans about that so now is the time to not be like Tech and be willing to play anyone anywhere regardless of the outcome.
As long as we have Gary Patterson we’ve got a chance.
https://oklahoman.com/article/3689209/baylor-most-natural-rival-for-tcu-in-big-12

Texas Tech backed out of a nonconference football game last season, leaving TCU scrambling to fill its schedule. The Red Raiders also embarrassed the Frogs 70-35 in 2004, of which the Frogs exacted revenge two seasons later with a 12-3 win. The bowing out of a scheduled game, though, created more sympathy for Texas Tech than anger from TCU fans, many of them taking it as a compliment after Red Raiders coach Tommy Tuberville said TCU was not the type of team Tech needed to be playing last year. Now he has no choice.

LeagueCityFrog

I wonder who ultimately makes this call to plug TCU in this game? ESPN and TV eye balls and Ad revenue, Jerry Jones and selling tickets, Alabama's AD?

TCU fans will be there.

1) TCU CANT BEAT OKLAHOMA

2) OKLAHOMA GOES TO PLAYOFFS AND GETS AZZZWHIPPED 68-20 IN A LAUGHINGSTOCK GAME THAT MAKES OU LOOK LIKE A TOTAL JOKE

3) TCU CANT BEAT OKLAHOMA BUT SOMEHOW MAGICALLY AND MIRACULOUSLY TCU CAN NOW BEAT A PERENNIAL PLAYOFF TEAM

And one of you believes this nonsense because Tcu has 2 good players at Safety. (WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE - BAMA has great players at every single position !!)

Good Lord some of you really need to start living in the real world !

RESULTS OF A BAMA-TCU GAME
1) The entire country laughs hysterically at a 72-3 final score
2) Zach Evans is shutdown and gets 3 yds rushing in 20 attempts and everyone in the nation says he is a bust and he starts thinking that himself
3) Duggan gets sacked and hammered over and over and is out for the season
4) WRs get shut out this game and their confidence breaks
5) Tcu CBs get toasted and humiliated over and over and over again on national TV to the delight of Baylor and Tech fans. Their confidence is totally destroyed in Game 1 of the season
6) Tcu DEs are laughed at on a national level for looking like midgets reaching for candy all game long as they fruitlessly try to rush the passer in laughable fashion
7) Tcu safeties are injured due to them having to make all the tackles in the game as the star studded 5 star Bama OLine opens gaping holes in the Tcu DLine play after play after play. 4 of the 5 Bama OLinemen are future high NFL draft choices

TCU LEARNS A VERY HARD LESSON THAT EVERYONE ELSE IN THE COUNTRY ALREADY KNOWS -

IF YOU CANT EVEN WIN YOUR LEAGUE FOR 5 YRS IN A ROW DONT BOTHER DAYDREAMING ABOUT BEATING A PLAYOFF TEAM OR A POTENTIAL NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM. WIN YOUR LEAGUE FIRST BEFORE YOU START DAYDREAMING AND CROWING ABOUT TAKING ON A REAL LIVE PLAYOFF TEAM.........IT IS LAUGHABLE THAT FANS OF A LOWER LEVEL NON-BOWL 5 WIN TEAM WHO CAME IN ALMOST LAST IN THEIR LEAGUE NOW THINKS THEY CAN BE COMPETITIVE WITH A PLAYOFF TEAM. HILARIOUS

Some fans here are (I don't want to say IDIOTS but you get the gist)

Dumb question but are we even sure there will be a season played this year? Has it been confirmed? I’ll be thrilled no matter who we play so long as we play.

And yes, we should jump at the chance to play Alabama. I think the players would be excited by that opportunity. I also like that it is the first game of the season. We’ve done fairly well against top tier teams as openers. We should’ve beat Ohio State less some DUMB mistakes/bad calls.

I noticed Wyoming conveniently did not mention our top 2 rated safety’s in the nation, who will get at least 1 INT each I predict. :)

jake102

This is a chance to play Alabama, you take it. Shocked this is a question.

I generally think we should adopt the Baylor or Minnesota style of scheduling, it helps put you in the National eye by having an inflated record, but this is Nick Sabans Alabama. They most dominant program over the last 20 years by a country mile. You do it.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
This is a chance to play Alabama, you take it. Shocked this is a question.

I generally think we should adopt the Baylor or Minnesota style of scheduling, it helps put you in the National eye by having an inflated record, but this is Nick Sabans Alabama. They most dominant program over the last 20 years by a country mile. You do it.
Apparently because we might lose we should just not play any games then the insecure people that can’t handle TV talking heads and coworkers saying mean things will have a safe space.

froginaustin

1) TCU CANT BEAT OKLAHOMA . . .

2) . . . !!) . . .

Good Lord some of you really need to start living in the real world !

RESULTS OF A BAMA-TCU GAME
1) The entire country laughs hysterically at a 72-3 . . .

IF YOU CANT EVEN WIN YOUR LEAGUE FOR 5 YRS IN A ROW . . . IT IS LAUGHABLE THAT . . . (I don't want to say IDIOTS but you get the gist)

Hasn’t this board hosted this poster, appearing with many names, in the relatively distant past?