• The KillerFrogs

POLL: Do you want TCU to play Bama in season opener?

Do you want TCU to play Bama in season opener?

• Yes

Votes: 156 84.3%
  • No

Votes: 22 11.9%
  • Unsure

Votes: 7 3.8%

• Total voters

Tumbleweed

Top, what's your point? At this time we're the same team as the last game of the season. That's not so good. Play a top team helps the ego factor "before kickoff" but at games end 20-30 pts down will not help in the prestige dept and then the perception of the media?. Make the game the 10 or 11th game of the season and I endorse this match. Donati, I see his point in scheduling but not now.

HFrog1999

GlFfZKY9eiyn5QJ8-A0pSg6oyzkkxMtBYR-JQskwoIohkh6lEZpFVLe_a5y7RKbmw93XrzvbN8CNQi_ZgQLyFCXhEnbsrofy15KVbEOnD1Uz4ZkzITd38D-409JeL156Qb2TCZtzH0-Q-DRfPYKPdpi1p5Ttpex2FkoL50BBkT7lAcYGNtxOQYZ2HxrzRfmb7xFmvHLDcs7xICS8rSJAI4TS

4th. down

Top, what's your point? At this time we're the same team as the last game of the season. That's not so good. Play a top team helps the ego factor "before kickoff" but at games end 20-30 pts down will not help in the prestige dept and then the perception of the media?. Make the game the 10 or 11th game of the season and I endorse this match. Donati, I see his point in scheduling but not now.

I agree but would add that based on the past 2 seasons, we are a rag tag team that some of us want to roll out against the historically best collegiate football U. Let's put the ego aside, and develop this team over the course of the season and then possibly play Bama in a bowl game.

Max would be running for his life, and our offensive line with no spring practice to coach/develop or even get a basic clue on who can start, against this Bama projected defensive line starters:

LaBryan Ray 5* 6'5"300 lbs.
D.J. Dale 4* 6'3" 308 lbs.
Byron Young 4* 6'3" 295 lbs.

LB's:

Chris Allen 4* 6'4" 250 lbs.
Chris Harris 4* 6'4" 242 lbs.
D. Moses 5* 6'3" 235 lbs.
King Mwikuta 4* 6'5" 243 lbs.

froginmn

I agree but would add that based on the past 2 seasons, we are a rag tag team that some of us want to roll out against the historically best collegiate football U. Let's put the ego aside, and develop this team over the course of the season and then possibly play Bama in a bowl game.

Max would be running for his life, and our offensive line with no spring practice to coach/develop or even get a basic clue on who can start, against this Bama projected defensive line starters:

LaBryan Ray 5* 6'5"300 lbs.
D.J. Dale 4* 6'3" 308 lbs.
Byron Young 4* 6'3" 295 lbs.

LB's:

Chris Allen 4* 6'4" 250 lbs.
Chris Harris 4* 6'4" 242 lbs.
D. Moses 5* 6'3" 235 lbs.
King Mwikuta 4* 6'5" 243 lbs.
So what Alabama team over the last 10 years didn't have a starting D full of 4 and 5 stars?

Relic

This could be a General U.S. Grant moment.

"A general officer came in from his command at this juncture, and said to the general-in-chief, speaking rapidly and laboring under considerable excitement: "General Grant, this is a crisis that cannot be looked upon too seriously. I know Lee's methods well by past experience ; he will throw his whole army between us and the Rapidan, and cut us off completely from our communications." The general rose to his feet, took his cigar out of his mouth, turned to the officer, and replied, with a degree of animation which he seldom manifested : "Oh, I am heartily tired of hearing about what Lee is going to do. Some of you always seem to think he is suddenly going to turn a double somersault, and land in our rear and on both of our flanks at the same time. Go back to your command, and try to think what we are going to do ourselves, instead of what Lee is going to do." The officer retired rather crestfallen, and without saying a word in reply."

taken from: Campaigning with Grant, Horace Porter

HG73

I see the Corona has robbed a few of us of our balls.
Said the guy in command of the charge of the light brigade. "BANZAI"

If Ala freakin' bama can't accommodate us with a game then maybe we should try and schedule the Chiefs or the 49ers.

Sure, let's play Bama in a bowl game, but not to start the season.

Give me an easy W that week, I don't care if it's Toby's Business College. We got a new OC and a really shiddy offense, so let's go pick on Alabama.

We may not have balls but we shouldn't throw our brains out with them. Sheesh.

HG73

I’m all for playing them. I share zero illusions, however, about competing with them.
Finally some sanity.

Honestly, what would be the opening line on this game? Frogs plus 24? 34? 44?.

What would be our odds of winning? 5%?

I'd rather have the open date than a debacle with Bama. And the inevitable injuries. At Jerryworld which I hate.

Let's find somebody we can beat at our place, make some progress on offense and worry about navigating our already brutal conference schedule.

After all, UT is back this year. All the magazines say so.

Last edited: