• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

stbrab

Angel Has Fallen dropped today on Netflix. Third in the “Fallen” series (Olympus has fallen, London has fallen). Solid action flicks. Watched The Foreigner the other night. Jackie Chan’s daughter is killed by an IRA bomb and he takes revenge on Pierce Brosnan. Not terrible, but seemed a tad rushed in places, almost in a “made for TV” way. Still, decent enough late night fare.
I'll be dogged...actually watched Angel Has Fallen last night with R & T. I agree, it was a solid action flick.

Chongo94

Anyone been watching the new season of The sarcastic dystopian vibe is pretty funny. Don’t think it’s as good as previous seasons but it’s not bad either.

Eight

That’s one of my recent favorites. Everything about it was well done.

NqSvcUizb-otDhglkJ4X1AANJebjyoksT15855xEL3kxmsSXJkL1C5oPkEd7qqxiEFYJ5Op0h9karjG5CjkSZrM5FmH5ZY16KXTyFE09H9ehZ8U

one of the things i liked about it is when the characters have been fighting for 2-3 minutes they actually show signs of fatigue

perfect example is the final fight in the flat where theron and the kgb agent are so tired they are just swinging wildly and stumbling

talor

Dolemite is my name on Netflix is worth the time. Funny and kinda inspirational...based on a true story too which I didn't know at first.

Eight

Well, this sounds awful...and supposedly, Michael B. Jordan has been cast as Tony Montaña.

Luca Guadagnino to remake Scarface with Coen brothers script

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...-by-luca-guadagnino-with-coen-brothers-script

some, many might disagree but when i have rewatched this movie it is more a classic in the over the top comic book fashion almost to the point of bordering on the violence seen in kick ass or a tarantino movie versus a classic gangster movie simliar to the godfather or good fellas.

if they remake it and truly do it with a new rebranding versus an updated version of de palma's vision in might work

tetonfrog

Thought the Bruce Lee 30 for 30 was really good. Really enjoyed seeing the old TV interviews with Lee. Could not get into the Lance Armstrong 30 for 30 though.

Been watching a lot of old westerns lately. Rewatched Tombstone again and it is my second favorite western behind Josey Wales. Val Kilmer and Kurt Russell are both great in it. Strong ensemble cast and I dug watching Powers Booth as a bad guy. Worth a rewatch if you have not seen it in a while. However, Joe Kidd was mediocre. The original True Grit with the Duke is strong, too. It was better than the remake, even though I am huge fan of the Dude.