• The KillerFrogs

Bama and TCU in talks to replace their California opponents in week 1 if needed

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
There will be fans in the stands... fans who sign the waiver of all waivers from TCU that absolves them from any and all liabilities related to your attendance. The words "... including death from infectious disease..." will appear as something you are giving them a full release from.
JerryWorld would be selling the tickets. It is their liability insurance carrier that would be doing the wording.

Past that, how does one provide a completely safe and secure environment free from any and all potential hazards?

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Our economy is headed backward somewhat and it doesn't need to do that but how does a mom and dad react to each other sitting in the waiting room after giving approval to play, when their son is in ICU. Regrets then...for sure !!. I think the general population is looking at this scenario and feeling emotionally troubled with the idea.
Kids don't get the virus. The people who are getting sick with it are older. The people who are dying of it are very old. Aside from those small facts, the chances of actually contracting the virus, even in the latter two groups, are not all that great.

Cowering indoors, fearful of everything is no way to live life.

Tumbleweed

Wait..... GP got his own food and walked from Buff Bro’s to the stadium? I call BS.

you would be wrong. Gary is not a Sabin type at all. Most likely wanted to get out of his office and walk. A little me time. Gary is very approachable. Just don't fill the air with dumb questions, he gets enough of that from the media. BTW hiring Jerry Kill is turning to be a stroke of genius.

Wexahu

Kids don't get the virus. The people who are getting sick with it are older. The people who are dying of it are very old. Aside from those small facts, the chances of actually contracting the virus, even in the latter two groups, are not all that great.

Cowering indoors, fearful of everything is no way to live life.

That's the thing that gets me. So many parents are worried that their young kids will get it if they go back to school. I mean, you wouldn't believe how many people I've run into who are most concerned about that. COVID doesn't affect young kids except in the smallest of smallest numbers. There are about 100 things parents should be more worried about when it comes to their kids than COVID.

FrogAbroad

you would be wrong. Gary is not a Sabin type at all. Most likely wanted to get out of his office and walk. A little me time. Gary is very approachable. Just don't fill the air with dumb questions, he gets enough of that from the media. BTW hiring Jerry Kill is turning to be a stroke of genius.

How so? Not taking exception so your statement, just curious and hopeful!

Peacefrog

Degenerate
He was parked across the street at Potbelly. I quickly circled back around hoping he was walking to the stadjium with a brown bag of food but when I got back around he was getting into his SUV.
There are signs in that parking lot that clearly indicate which businesses you must visit in exchange for using one of their parking spots. I am extremely disappointed in this callous breaking of societal rules.

Mean Purple

How is the Pac-12's money going to look after the 2020-2021 season if they chop at least 3 football games each per program including the potential of the Jerry World payout going to Fort Worth now and TCU saving travel money going to Cal Berkeley?

Payout for the TCU vs LSU and Ohio State games were around $5 million each per team. I see this Bama Vs TCU game happening and a lot of people watching similar to the ratings the NFL Draft got.

It would be a good payout. But our guys who have not started as much … how will they match up with Bama's? Honestly, I rather give our guys a tune up game. Kick the [ Finebaum ] out of a directional. Keep our guys amped up for the next one.

I'm guessing by some point in June, the cali governor starts to relax restrictions. a lot of what he is pushing for the future just seems to be political vamping. They just had a seat flip. So it will start to wake some folks up and he will get pressure.

Look, I don't want to downplay this virus, but it just seems reversed to keep the healthy home. We are way past the point where any shutdown can do what many claim. You have to do that early on to really be preventative.

I think people will learn to live with this virus by then. And no way that governor lets those schools tank. I think we see that the games with cali schools will be played.

There are signs in that parking lot that clearly indicate which businesses you must visit in exchange for using one of their parking spots. I am extremely disappointed in this callous breaking of societal rules.

I imagine he didn't want to deal with the beating of having to hope for a spot along the front of that strip of stores and then circle back around and probably catch the light at Berry/Univ. Instead, just turn in before McDonald's. Park at Potbelly. Get back to your vehicle and take an easy right at the light. Genius. That's why he makes the big bucks.

Froggish

You are who you keep company with...Want to be thought of as a premier program we need to be on the screen with as many of them as possible every year. SEC is full of [ Finebaum ] programs who get the benefit of doubt by association. We need to associate ourselves with more big time programs. The B12 has OU/TX and a bunch of programs that have the same profile issues we have. Id much rather play a blueblood every year out of conference even if we pile up the losses. To me it’s an investment in our business model that will eventually pay off in recruiting wins, bank acct, and more
B12 consistency.

Horny4TCU

You are who you keep company with...Want to be thought of as a premier program we need to be on the screen with as many of them as possible every year. SEC is full of [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] programs who get the benefit of doubt by association. We need to associate ourselves with more big time programs. The B12 has OU/TX and a bunch of programs that have the same profile issues we have. Id much rather play a blueblood every year out of conference even if we pile up the losses. To me it’s an investment in our business model that will eventually pay off in recruiting wins, bank acct, and more
B12 consistency.
Or you become an "FCS" caliber school, that get's put on the schedule as a warmup without hurting strength of schedule... Please see BYU, Vandy, and most ACC schools for examples.