• The KillerFrogs

Bama and TCU in talks to replace their California opponents in week 1 if needed

LSU Game Attendee

tenor.gif

LVH

To be honest, I always thought Cal was a really tough opponent to open the season with, considering their defense is solid and it's probably not the best opponent for our offense to go up against Game 1

This would be an even bigger challenge for our offense. However I do think our guys would get pumped for a game like this, so as long as we could put in a good showing, might not be the worst thing in the world if it happened. Reminded me of when WVU opened with Alabama in 2014 after WVU was coming off a 4-8 season and they actually played pretty well.

At the same time it seems like each time we lose a non conference game our season gets derailed.

Frog-in-law1995

Wait, USC-Bama is in Arlington? If football is back on this Fall, why would that game be cancelled? I thought the concern was the California government? They can’t tell a private school not to play in Texas.

Wait, USC-Bama is in Arlington? If football is back on this Fall, why would that game be cancelled? I thought the concern was the California government? They can’t tell a private school not to play in Texas.
As I understand, the concern would be that their students would not be allowed back on campus preventing team activities rather than whether the government can prevent a private school from traveling out of state.

Wexahu

If California is still shut down USC won't be allowed to travel.

I say do it, Bama vs. TCU to kick off the season... what an awesome thing that would be.

Normally I would agree, but unless fans are allowed to attend games (with very few if any restrictions) there's going to be nothing "awesome" about this football season. It'll be better than nothing I guess, but it's definitely gonna suck. All the atmosphere at every game will literally be sucked out of every stadium, it's not even gonna be close to what we are used to watching.

LVH

Normally I would agree, but unless fans are allowed to attend games (with very few if any restrictions) there's going to be nothing "awesome" about this football season. It'll be better than nothing I guess, but it's definitely gonna suck. All the atmosphere at every game will literally be sucked out of every stadium, it's not even gonna be close to what we are used to watching.

Joe Biden isn't going to elect himself. These are the sacrifices we have to make in order to get Trump removed.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Well, signing on that dotted line would be throwing down a challenge indeed. Nothing like lining up against the far-and-away best team in College Football.