• The KillerFrogs

Anyone subscribe to The Athletic? (Realignment article)

Eight

Reread his post. You may find answers there.

can't and while i understand some being sentimental about the service academies they don't capture eyeballs, two are located a great distance away and don't bring other sports programs that would enhance a p5 conference, and their biggest hurdles in recruiting aren't their conference affiliations

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Nope, Florida is the exception.
I would say Vanderbilt. But, the Old Rules no longer apply in the calculus of University Admissions. Money is King, and grades are nice and all, but if you can snag some kid from someplace that will pay full price, then you are properly monetizing your student volume.

froginaustin

I’m sorry Jug but the standards in most of those schools are pretty high. I just had a student who was captain of 2 teams, 4.7 GPA and 1490 SAT score and did not get into UF.

UGa (and GaTech) are crazy selective for non-athlete students, too. Athletes? I don't think they say "no" to very many that can clear NCAA minimums, and that the coaches doing the recruiting want. Sounds to me like what every B12 school does, admissions-wise.

froginaustin

I would say Vanderbilt. But, the Old Rules no longer apply in the calculus of University Admissions. Money is King, and grades are nice and all, but if you can snag some kid from someplace that will pay full price, then you are properly monetizing your student volume.

Vandy stopped recruiting for money a generation or so ago. Vandy has more money than just about anyone except Stanford and the Ivys, and maybe Duke and Wake.

Frog-in-law1995

Vandy stopped recruiting for money a generation or so ago. Vandy has more money than just about anyone except Stanford and the Ivys, and maybe Duke and Wake.

Wake? TCU has a bigger endowment.

Vandy is also behind Rice, Washington U (St. Louis), Chicago, Northwestern, MIT, Johns Hopkins, Emory, A&M, UT, Cal, Michigan and Virginia.

LeagueCityFrog

TCU is trying to get to the north of $2 Billion dollar endowment club with this current Capital Campaign.

One would think construction is about to slow down too on campus. I could see maybe a baseball stadium redo in the future and more investment into the new TCU Medical School with additional structures. Outside of those two, I don't see any big unknown projects on the horizon for campus. I'm probably wrong, but I have a hard time thinking what next new building the school needs. They need to get tuition and teacher overhead under control would be my focus and it appears that's Chancellor Vic's focus too.

NYC Horned Frog

TCU is trying to get to the north of $2 Billion dollar endowment club with this current Capital Campaign.

One would think construction is about to slow down too on campus. I could see maybe a baseball stadium redo in the future and more investment into the new TCU Medical School with additional structures. Outside of those two, I don't see any big unknown projects on the horizon for campus. I'm probably wrong, but I have a hard time thinking what next new building the school needs. They need to get tuition and teacher overhead under control would be my focus and it appears that's Chancellor Vic's focus too.

Gonna have to hope Russia (and SA) facepalm before TCU goes crazy spending again.

TCU/VBo has said that the building craze is slowing down due to the Cap campaign, and it sounds like future construction post campaign will be more measured and practical... I think TCU feels they've reached their capacity re: physical space which means our investments will be in improving existing facilities only.

Virginia Frog

TCU/VBo has said that the building craze is slowing down due to the Cap campaign, and it sounds like future construction post campaign will be more measured and practical... I think TCU feels they've reached their capacity re: physical space which means our investments will be in improving existing facilities only.
The next costly cycle will be renovations. Some of these "new" buildings as they approach 20-25 years will need a re-do. As technology and educational philosophies change renovations are required to keep the respective building "state of the art." And often, due to inflation, renos can cost MORE that the original building. There really is no end to the money needs at a private univ.

LSU Game Attendee

can't and while i understand some being sentimental about the service academies they don't capture eyeballs, two are located a great distance away and don't bring other sports programs that would enhance a p5 conference, and their biggest hurdles in recruiting aren't their conference affiliations
Once WWIII comes around, USMA will resume its rightful position on top of the football world. “Son, do you want to be on that amphibious assault to liberate Taiwan, or would you rather come play a little football?”

Big Frog II

It makes sense. We play 7 games in the east division and 1 or 2 crossover with the west.
Championship game rotates between Arlington and Las Vegas.

thefrogking

I sure remember how it felt when we were left behind. Would hate to inflict that upon someone else but doubt anyone else thinks like that anymore.