• The KillerFrogs

More finds from Leap’s collection

Dutch

T C U Froooogs
I would love to see inside those. My first game in person was 1967 Frogs at SMU. My dad drove me over from Shreveport, even though he had to preach the next day because we had beaten Texas and had won 4 in a row after losing the first 5. Notable because Jerry LeVias played for SMU and Ross “The Hoss” Montgomery and PD Shabay starred for the Frogs. I only 11 years old, got into the Frog locker room at the Cotton Bowl with an ex letterman friend of my dad who knew a Frog. coach. I met my previously only read about heroes in uniform. Pre-game, our friend introduced us to Davy O’Brien right outside the Cotton Bowl. Even though we had a tough loss, I gave my life to the Frogs that day.

Spike

I had a couple of these back in the day. You had a great dad and have a great family. Thanks for sharing a little bit of it with us.

SuperBarrFrog

My father was a college librarian and every year, he would write to MLB and NFL teams asking that they send a media guide and most did. They ended up in our house and when he passed a couple of years ago, there were guides from most teams in storage from 1968-1998, when he retired.
Did you’ll return them to the library when you found them?

OmniscienceFrog

Who here remembers the tear-away jersey era, and as kids going behind the team benches in hopes of being tossed some jersey scraps after the game ended? I bet they had to have extra stock for all the RBs certainly.
I don't think TCU ever had the tearaway jersey's but I remember that UT did. Roosevelt Leaks went through one just about every series it seemed like.

Frog DJ

I would love to see inside those. My first game in person was 1967 Frogs at SMU. My dad drove me over from Shreveport, even though he had to preach the next day because we had beaten Texas and had won 4 in a row after losing the first 5. Notable because Jerry LeVias played for SMU and Ross “The Hoss” Montgomery and PD Shabay starred for the Frogs. I only 11 years old, got into the Frog locker room at the Cotton Bowl with an ex letterman friend of my dad who knew a Frog. coach. I met my previously only read about heroes in uniform. Pre-game, our friend introduced us to Davy O’Brien right outside the Cotton Bowl. Even though we had a tough loss, I gave my life to the Frogs that day.
My dad and I attended that game with my future ex-father-in-law, who was a huge SMUg fan.

I should have seen the writing on the wall right then and there, but I was thinking with the wrong head.

Go Frogs!