• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Eight

Had a tough day yesterday and had to put one of my dogs to sleep. Had him for fourteen years. Was harder than I expected.

So I bought myself a bottle of Yellow Spot this evening and I’m going to enjoy it.

understand as within three months we had to put down our 14 year old chocolate lab and then last week a 12 year old black lab who had cancer

both were great family dogs and the chocolate would wrestle with our son and never would get mad. they both loved to swim and would stay in the lake behind the house for a good 30-40 minutes until some new neighbors would call the sheriff's department for dogs off a lead

funny thing is my wife would complain about dog hair everywhere and then being in the way and now it is she misses them

nwlafrog

I recognize this as the guitar intro to Bulls on Parade, but don’t understand what sound Owen Wilson represents.

giphy.gif

Wow, wow, chicka wow wow chicka chicka chicka. I’m sorry my memes are not funny

talor

I think so!

I like the Green Spot Chateau Montelena (zinfandel) more than Chateau Leoville Barton (Bordeaux), but less than the Yellow Spot. Both of the GS really integrate the wine cask finishing well, but they lack the complexity of the YS. I think the YS shows off it's bourbon barrel aging better. I get banana bread notes with the YS and I think that's what makes it my favorite of the lineup.

If you want to try the rest of the core Spot lineup just send me a PM. I'd be happy to send you some samples.
I know you guys are talking booze but tried an $8 zinfandel from Lodi via total wine called Prototype. Would buy again.

Eight

Lots of good wine for under $15 out there.

oldest daughter worked at a restaurant/wine store in chicago for a few years and the owner was a big wine snob.

regularly held invite only dinners with various high end cellars paired with food etc... and he would hold classes for the waitstaff educating them on wine.

on more than one occasion he told the staff the for 80% of the wine consuming public they would be perfecting happy with a bottle in the $10-20 range and for most of their customers the house varietals were the best choices, BUT he would be happy to sell them a more expensive bottle if they really wanted it.