• The KillerFrogs

TCU Construction Updates

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Yes, thanks. I walked around campus but pictures I took are same as these. For the first time in a long time you can’t get in the stadium. Well, the construction entrance on the north side was open but I didn’t take the opportunity after getting kicked off the intramural fields last night.

tcumaniac

Just a few pics of the stadium and random campus shots during our walk. I took these over a span of a couple of evenings. The stadium gates were open the first evening, but we didn't have much daylight and it was somewhat foggy. Those pics aren't the best. We had more light this evening but the stadium gates were closed. I got as close to the east-side suites as I could.

View attachment 6949 View attachment 6950

After having incurred a monumental delay of an entire year it would be difficult to believe that

stern penalties would not be imposed upon this contractor. Certainly, in construction weather

is an eternal factor. However, only a weather event tantamount to the magnitude of Noah's flood

could be construed as reasonable in this case. IMHO

After having incurred a monumental delay of an entire year it would be difficult to believe that

stern penalties would not be imposed upon this contractor. Certainly, in construction weather

is an eternal factor. However, only a weather event tantamount to the magnitude of Noah's flood

could be construed as reasonable in this case. IMHO
It wasn't just the weather. There were some engineering logistical nightmares that were uncovered, among other things.

Pharm Frog

It wasn't just the weather. There were some engineering logistical nightmares that were uncovered, among other things.

Interesting...especially re the engineering issues. Do you have any insights into the types of contracts in play on this project? Cost plus incentive? Fixed price plus incentive? Fixed price plus adjustable economic incentive? Other? Or...if you know where this may be published in minutes or something, I'll try to find it. These types of things fascinate me because so much of the project is determined before the project digs the first hole.

Eight

source.gif

Interesting...especially re the engineering issues. Do you have any insights into the types of contracts in play on this project? Cost plus incentive? Fixed price plus incentive? Fixed price plus adjustable economic incentive? Other? Or...if you know where this may be published in minutes or something, I'll try to find it. These types of things fascinate me because so much of the project is determined before the project digs the first hole.
No insights. I will ask next time. I tour it every few weeks or so. TCU didn't seem too concerned. Annoyed but not irate (to me at least - could be another story behind the scenes). Seems to be a "take your time and get it right" kind of mentality. Certainly not like Schollmaier. Del Conte was ripping heads off, reclaiming $ and dropping F-bombs errday.

Pharm Frog

No insights. I will ask next time. I tour it every few weeks or so. TCU didn't seem too concerned. Annoyed but not irate (to me at least - could be another story behind the scenes). Seems to be a "take your time and get it right" kind of mentality. Certainly not like Schollmaier. Del Conte was ripping heads off, reclaiming $ and dropping F-bombs errday.

I think the attitude difference you describe may be either different styles OR a reflection of what contracts are in play (or both).