• The KillerFrogs

OLD stuff - Wacker and campus

East Coast

Tier 1
Since I'm stuck at home like most of you, I've been using some of this time to work on all the old boxes sitting in my basement. In one of the boxes I found a lot of old frog stuff. Interestingly, one of the items included a map of TCU campus sometime in the mid to late 1980's, and another was an column from the Houston Chronicle concerning Coach Wacker turning us in (pretty much a positive take). I've attached photos of both. Site made me split the article in 3....

Map of TCU Campus mid 1980s.jpeg Map of TCU Campus mid 1980s.jpeg Article on Jim Wacker Houston Chronicle Sept 23 1985 1 of 3.jpeg Article on Jim Wacker Houston Chronicle Sept 23 1985 2 of 3.jpeg Article on Jim Wacker Houston Chronicle Sept 23 1985 3 of 3.jpeg

Also found some stuff on Killer's NCAA team, if anyone is interested..

Limp Lizard

I can'r read about the Wacker/NCAA thing without wanting to punch a wall (tried it once..broken 5th metacarpal. Ouch, and my hand looks a little odd since. Damn David Berst and his cronies.

tiopepe

From what I can tell, the date of the map is bounded by 1988 (Moncrief Hall opening) and 1999 (still has old track).

East Coast

Tier 1
From what I can tell, the date of the map is bounded by 1988 (Moncrief Hall opening) and 1999 (still has old track).

It could be as late of 1990. I was doing college nights, etc for TCU through the Links program for awhile. The last year I did that was 1989, so it is possible they sent me some materials in 1990.

Armadillo

I miss that campus. That was my campus during my time there, 90-94. Don't get me wrong, campus now looks great and has many amenities, but it's practically unrecognizable to me. But I miss that campus posted above. Thanks for sharing.

Today's campus is a startling contrast compared to the campus that existed

when I arrived as a freshman in 1952. In comparison, the composition of the

1952 campus appears to be decidedly archaic and deficient. However, at the

age of eighteen and away from home for the first time.....we simply didn't know

any better. lol

HG73

Today's campus is a startling contrast compared to the campus that existed

when I arrived as a freshman in 1952. In comparison, the composition of the

1952 campus appears to be decidedly archaic and deficient. However, at the

age of eighteen and away from home for the first time.....we simply didn't know

any better. lol
Not to mention the coeds.